Paranormal Investigation : Novices & Experts wanted!

Camash

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, I'm getting a glimmer of a new story that relates to paranormal investigation. Though I am novice in the field, I'm trying to find some quality books concerning common practices, terminology, scientific viewpoints on why it is or is not accepted, you get the idea.

Also, if any of you are familiar with it yourselves, I'd love to hear any experiences you have concerning it.

Thanks!

WeaselFire

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You're assuming that it's a recognized science with standardized procedures... :)

Jeff

Cath

The mean one
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.cathsmith.net
You're assuming that it's a recognized science with standardized procedures... :)

Jeff
Actually, no, I don't think Camas is.

The question is what books or personal experience can people share.

This is your second post in this forum in minutes which fails to respect other people's beliefs. Knock it off.

Weirdmage

Registered
Reaction score
I read some books by Jenny Randles in the 1990s. I don't actually agree with her take on many things, but her books are definitely a good introduction.

I would suggest getting hold of some issues of Fortean Times. (Google it and you'll find a forum and ways to subscribe, they don't have a website at present.) Having read about paranormal phenomena for 25+ years, I think that is the best source for any info on what you are looking for. It's not really a pro-paranormal magazine, but they cove a lot of things, and the way they look for hard evidence makes it a really good read.

King Neptune

Banned
Reaction score
Hello, I'm getting a glimmer of a new story that relates to paranormal investigation. Though I am novice in the field, I'm trying to find some quality books concerning common practices, terminology, scientific viewpoints on why it is or is not accepted, you get the idea.

Also, if any of you are familiar with it yourselves, I'd love to hear any experiences you have concerning it.

Thanks!

What is being investigated by whom? Things that might be called paranormal investigation make up a rather broad list, and there are many disciplines that are investigating the paranormal in some way. You might want to find something that describes what you mean and search for additional information around that. What you will be looking for depends on the basic assumptions.