From a partial to a full

Melville

Reader first, writer second
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, heck, this just might be a really stupid question but...

I sent a query, got a request for a partial (50 pages) to be sent by snail mail. I sent it.

Awhile later the agent responded by saying she'd like to see the full manuscript, also by snail mail.

So, do I just send the remaining pages, or do I sent the entire manuscript including the 50 pages included in the partial?

Yes, I could email the agent but I don't want to sound as dumb as a box of rocks, at least not at this juncture.

Thanks--

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
I sent the entire thing (by snail mail too, I first queried in the UK around 10 years ago), I mean, why not? Then they have all the pages together in one place and they can decide to start from the beginning or page 51. Just make sure the pages are numbered :) .

dawinsor

Dorothy A. Winsor
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
I'd send the whole thing. A basic principle of business communication is make it easy for the person to do what you want them to do.

Melville

Reader first, writer second
Registered
Reaction score
Great advice -- thanks to both of you!

You're right, better to send the first 50 pages twice than to risk the agent not having the entire manuscript at her fingertips. And to send the novel in its entirety makes good business communication sense.