Anyone from Hong Kong?

krinaphobia

Registered
Reaction score
I have written a YA sci fi novel set in 22nd century Hong Kong. The problem? I've never been to Hong Kong, let alone in the 22nd century! In writing the book, I took the advice of an old professor about writing a topic you know nothing about: make an educated guess and worry about the facts later. If there's anyone from Hong Kong who would be willing to (ideally) look over the manuscript or even just answer a laundry list of questions, that would be absolutely amazing!

Here's the basic premise of the book to see if you're interested:

Neurodivergent girl in future Hong Kong police state has to save her cybernetic best friend and family of criminal masterminds from a murderous dictator she previously revered

Let me know if you're interested! Cheers :D

dda27101

Banned
Reaction score
Been to HK a few times, before it reverted back to China, and could answer a few questions. Regretfully don't have time to read the book. Could answer some questions...if you don't find someone wo IS from there.

tko

just thanks fore everything
Registered
Reaction score
Website
500px.com
My wife, who was born there, says I might as well have been. We visit relatives every year. Two novels set in HK so far. You can PM me if you want.

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
I live in HK. PM me if you like.