My 5-Year Mission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varthikes

Dragon Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Draconia, Orion's Arm, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way G
I have laid out my writing plan for the next 5 years: Final Frontier (to be completed next year), Draconia: Book 4 (to be completed in 2018), Galactic Odyssey.

Galactic Odyssey will be a 6-book series. Book 1 will be your usual novel (another re-write of an older story). Books 2-6 will be made up of short stories (the first two and last one have already been written, but also in need of a complete overhaul), all following the same group of characters, each one written as a chapter forming a larger story. Like a television series in book form--with a book equaling a season. Not sure if something like that has been done before, but I'm going to do it. I probably won't finish it before this decade is out (the end of 2020), but hopefully, I'll be well into it.

I've already begun outlining Draconia 4 and Galactic Odyssey (part of which will overlap with Final Frontier).

Last edited:

oceansoul

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, that's a very long time in advance to plan. I have tentatively planned that I'll finish my current WIP by the end of the summer, and then books 1/2 in the trilogy next year. Beyond that, I have no idea!

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
It's good to have a plan, but it's better to get the writing done. Don't let the planning and the talking about planning be all that happens on your mission.

I know. I had a ten-year plan that I'm now two years into and I'm not meeting my benchmarks.

Status
Not open for further replies.