Agents and genres

drevil915

Registered
Reaction score
Quick question,

My manuscript deals with a simulated war, so, as I'm shopping around looking for agents, could I also send queries out to agents that don't specifically deal with the war genre, but do deal with thrillers/suspense? I think that the two fall close enough together. Or am I asking for an outright rejection if I do this?

Thanks in advance, Jason Iacono

dantem42

Registered
Reaction score
drevil915 said:
Quick question,

My manuscript deals with a simulated war, so, as I'm shopping around looking for agents, could I also send queries out to agents that don't specifically deal with the war genre, but do deal with thrillers/suspense? I think that the two fall close enough together. Or am I asking for an outright rejection if I do this?

Thanks in advance, Jason Iacono

I am assuming this ms is fiction. If there is a plot line to the book centering on a simulated war where things maybe go awry and threaten world destruction or something, it sounds like thriller material. If the content is almost exclusively military in nature, then you should be looking for agents who have some concentration in military fiction. Easiest way to find agents in this area is to look at some major titles similar to what you're doing, and find out which agents handled these books (google the book title and eyeball until something comes up, or find the titles in your nearest 3D store).

drevil915

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for that bit of advice.

It is worth noting however, that half the manuscript is the mc in a civilian setting, and then about another half of third is when he joins the military to fight.

Thoughts? Comments?

-JASON IACONO