#tenqueries on Twitter

celoise

Truss me I iz lawyor
Registered
Reaction score
Not a question, just something I stumbled upon. If you search for #tenqueries on Twitter, you'll see where agents go through (you guessed it) ten queries and give brief feedback on why they do or don't pick them. It's interesting to see some of their reasoning. Just wanted to post this in case someone else wanted to go take a look.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oooh, looks interesting. *Rushes off to have a look.*

kenpochick

I should be writing, not on AW.:-)
Registered
Reaction score
There are lots of those out there. Laura Zats has a 500 query goal. (@LZats) Also look for #askagent. Lots of good info on Twitter.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Right now there are also a bunch of #10queries going on for a couple of contests by non-agents, so if anything sounds weird ("This is too perfect so I can't request it. Start querying.") that's why.

But, yes, it is fascinating to see the though process behind rejecting and accepting.

becphish

Registered
Reaction score
Just read a bunch of #TenQueries.
Please pass the query-sickness bag, thanks. I'll just be over here in fetal position, terrified that I'll see my rejections fly by.

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
becphish, if you haven't already, get thee to Query Letter Hell. It might cheer you up, it might depress you more, but you will definitely learn something. And when you get to 50 posts you can have your own query letter dissected.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
This has been posted elsewhere, y'all might want to check out the MSWishList website @ http://mswishlist.com/queries

"Archive of #mswl, #tenqueries, #querytip & more tweets by Agents, Editors & Publishers."

Hosted and admin'd by board member MashaRaczynski

-Derek