Anyone Work in a Bookshop/Retail?

cat_named_easter

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys. This is quite a random question, but what do you call those circular stands in shops that you can twirl round? They might have books on them or keyrings or little knick-knacks. Do they even have a particular name or are they just "stands"? My character is getting a job in a little bookshop that has a couple of these!

Thanks!

darkprincealain

Registered
Reaction score
It's pretty common in retail to call them spinners in the States. If writing for the UK, I am not sure what retail calls them there. But I think you're pretty safe using spinners since it's such a common term in retail here, assuming the rack actually spins.

Orianna2000

Freelance Writer
Registered
Reaction score
I was going to say "Lazy Susan." Carousel works for me, too. If someone called it a "spinner," I would blink a few times and scrunch up my forehead before figuring out what it meant. But that's because I don't work in a retail bookshop, so I don't know the official terms for things like that. My point being, some of your readers might be more familiar with the casual terms, rather than the official terms. It's a judgment call, really.