• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Who would like to beta my Sci-fi/Fantasy Novel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErezMA

Registered
Reaction score
Of course, I'd always be willing to return the favor.

My story is about 81,000 words and I'm about done with the third round of editing. I'm in need of people who don't have any reason (like family/friends) to butter things up to me. I'm not asking for you to tell me, 'YOUR BOOK SUCKS,' because that's not helpful. If I need room to improve, which I'm sure i do, please tell me why. I'm a big boy. I can take it.

Story: Oscar Winter is a 17 year old high school student. He's suspended from school. He's grounded at home. He found out that he impregnated his on again / off again girlfriend and now his father's been murdered. These issues are the least of his concerns now that his father's killer is now out to get him. Little does Oscar know that his life plays a large role as the forces of good and evil collide. The kingdoms of heaven and hell are brewing a battle, and Earth is being dragged into the middle!

EDIT: BUMP - I need more betas! I'm more than willing to read yours as well!

Last edited:

Spleen

Registered
Reaction score
Hey hey - thanks for posting
Sounds like a lot of things going on in this story :)
I would be interested in a swap - I'll PM you with details and maybe we can swap first chapters to see if we like each other's style?

ErezMA

Registered
Reaction score
BUMP - I need some more beta readers. I'm more than willing to read yours!

Writers Choice

Registered
Reaction score
I'd like to take on that challenge. I just finished my first novel. It is with my editor right now for it's third round of edit so I can't swap, at least until she's done and given me feedback.

I remember how my beta readers really helped me with mine. I don't know if I have time to do the whole thing, but if you'd like to send me a few chapters, I'll give it my best shot.

BTW: I don't believe in using words like suck or terrible or bad. Using words as those just goes to show you how unprofessional someone is and gives you a good idea how bad their own writing must be.

I will do the best I can for ya!!

ErezMA

Registered
Reaction score
BUMP - is anyone available? My betas haven't gotten back to me in a while. I'm actually looking for a more expedited read. I can keep up and read yours in a quick pace, but I've yet to have a beta reader who's gotten past my fifth or sixth chapter, and I'd really like a hastened transfer of edits. Thank you all so much.

Pony.

Aspiring supervillain
Registered
Reaction score
Send it on over, I'll read for you. I may not be much help in technical areas, but can give you some feedback as a reader.

JasonS

Registered
Reaction score
I'm willing to give it a shot. I'll let you know right away after reading the first couple chapters if I think I can be helpful.

My book is a bit shorter, 65,000 words. It is intended to be a short quick fun read - not a literary piece. It is a thriller, the protagonist is an assassin so there is violence. She swears when angry so there is profanity throughout and the f-bomb is used with some frequency. While there are no graphic sex scenes, sex is an important part of the book and there are a lot of references and innuendo to it. While it is a thriller so plot is important it is more character driven than plot driven - about a 60 / 40 split.

Let me know if you are interested.

ErezMA

Registered
Reaction score
I'd like to bump this. I've made some significant edits and would like another set of eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.