PDA

View Full Version : Writing in RL vengeance

G.A. Xandus
06-28-2015, 06:00 AM
Anyone like to share a character idea based on a rl person you dislike\hate.

I created a character named Ella. She is a person I feel was instrumental in my uncle's death.

She stressed him out, scared him, and neglected him. No death investigation was conducted as he had become sickly. My mother never liked her brother's New wife. So I use her name for my evil characters

Jamesaritchie
06-28-2015, 06:53 PM
I use real people in my fiction all the time, but I can't say I've ever hated anyone enough to put them into a story for revenge. If I did, I sure wouldn't announce it.

auzerais
06-28-2015, 07:38 PM
The best villains are deeply complex characters. They may be unkind, cruel, hurtful, puppy-kicking bastards, but they will also have good points. They will be generous with their mothers, or volunteer at food banks. Humans do a lot of lousy things, and then they turn around and do some inexplicably wonderful things, and just when you get excited about it, they punch you in the face. Then help a little old lady across the street. Then punch you in the face again.

As such, while I might steal a thing or too from real life to weave into a tale, I don't use much from the people I hate in real life. For one thing, thinking about them for that long would only serve to upset me. For another thing, I'd prefer not to plumb their depths and see them as whole, fallible, occasionally beautiful human beings; I'd rather preserve them in my memory as puppy-kicking assholes.

Layla Nahar
06-28-2015, 10:45 PM
It just never occurs to me to use real people in my stories. I mean, may/I guess I do subconsciously, but to actively do it? No.

Pony.
06-28-2015, 11:40 PM
I have plans for a character based on a sister of mine. A person I cant stand to be in the same room with and with whom I haven't initiated contact in over 15 years.
Its going to be a short mention in the story; a brief introduction,villainization and a gruesome death. Maybe an unceremonious burial but maybe I'll just leave her out for the buzzards or just have her never be found. On one hand the buzzards have to eat too, but on the other I'm against animal cruelty.

buz
06-28-2015, 11:53 PM
Stewing in hate only makes the crackers of your cockles soggy with meat broth

Pony.
06-29-2015, 12:14 AM
She deserves it,trust me. She's the kind of person whose funeral will be attended primarily by people who just want to verify she's dead.

Ravioli
06-29-2015, 12:28 AM
The fugly tunafish of a sad excuse for a woman who stole my man/destroyed my friendship with her 30k salary and desperation-based tolerance for all his crap, well, I've put her into my novel, "Dearly Loved".
Same name, different personality as "pathetically clingy and intolerant of her man having friends, boring in bed and in life, and freaking uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugly" didn't fit in the role:
She's a fake blond neo-Zionist bitchbag who keeps calling Nadir (MC) by the wrong name, mostly racist slurs and known terrorist names. Also abuses him rather fiercely at work, until she eventually claims he raped her and has him arrested.
I hate that woman so much, forced my best friend to cut ties with me in a very cruel, heartless way after all his promises, because "You can't be friends with her after you dated her because all you need is ME ME ME". To top it off, she spawned a child on my birthday. Great. Just great. The things she did and had him do, are why dates these days tell me they can see hurt and mistrust in my eyes and aren't up for that. Not gonna write here what I wish upon her and all she loves...

I also wrote in an ex, even the same name, looks, and career/studies. Except, he's a part-time gay psychopath who gets stabbed to death. He was a wonderful lover and a horrible dumper, so...

Pony.
06-29-2015, 12:55 AM
Kinda sounds like my ex wife.

Samsonet
06-29-2015, 01:10 AM
I once had a character named after my mom's mean boss. I didn't write him in to anything, though. Frankly, he wasn't worth the gum on the bottom of my shoes, much less a spot in any of my stories.

Jamesaritchie
06-29-2015, 05:38 PM
I have plans for a character based on a sister of mine. A person I cant stand to be in the same room with and with whom I haven't initiated contact in over 15 years.
Its going to be a short mention in the story; a brief introduction,villainization and a gruesome death. Maybe an unceremonious burial but maybe I'll just leave her out for the buzzards or just have her never be found. On one hand the buzzards have to eat too, but on the other I'm against animal cruelty.

Just make sure the next meeting between you two isn't in court.

Jamesaritchie
06-29-2015, 05:40 PM
I use real people in my fiction all the time, but people on here are a lot braver than I am. I like my money, and do not want to lose it because I put someone in a book in an evil way.

Maybe I'd feel different if I actually hated anyone, but I doubt it.

Jamesaritchie
06-29-2015, 05:42 PM
The fugly tunafish of a sad excuse for a woman who stole my man/destroyed my friendship with her 30k salary .

30k salary? That's remarkably little money. How does someone with that tiny amount of money manage to cause such damage, and what was it he loved about her so much?

G.A. Xandus
06-29-2015, 07:02 PM
I should add my step aunt who i hardly know doesn't even know my name. She only plays a small role in my stories. I don't even hate her. She's a horrible person but i don't expend energy plotting her death.

As a side note i do feel it liberating to write about those that have wronged others. Even if it never gets published or the names are changed to protect the innocent.

Ravioli
06-29-2015, 08:24 PM
30k salary? That's remarkably little money. How does someone with that tiny amount of money manage to cause such damage, and what was it he loved about her so much?
Israeli Shekels. Per month.

He said: "Look, douchie, I simply fell in love with her... And I'm divorced... I don't wanna be that douchebag who quits when the relationship stops being fun... I can't do that to her... You know, you met her..." Yeah, I met a meek lump of misery I would literally have overlooked had he not introduced us when he gave me a hug which earned a terrified stare from her... She checked my Facebook obsessively to make sure I ain't too interesting... She was terrified of me and that was the only thing coming off of her, ever.
In short: officially a charity, but truthfully, the only thing I envy about that ugly, much-older, uncharismatic, boring, missionary-only, pathologically jealous and clingy, etc. woman, is the money and I'm thinking so does he. She is totally not a good match, even his brother agrees on that. He's a loner, a weirdo, a cynic, a geek, an immature Whovian, she's the boring sidekick in some ladies soap.

@Pony... bruh... :e2arms:

Pony.
06-29-2015, 11:05 PM
not everyone appreciates a strong woman, some guys just cant handle the magnificence.

NRoach
06-30-2015, 03:13 AM
Have never, would never.

Tocotin
06-30-2015, 04:20 AM
Not really in vengeance, but I do give the names of people I don't like to minor nasty characters. Minor. The major ones are too important, and I don't want to spend much time thinking about people I'd rather forget.

thepicpic
06-30-2015, 11:20 AM
I don't have any enemies because they are all dead.

What? Somebody had to say it.

But no, I don't write people who annoy me in. Now, people who upset my best friend, on the other hand, bear the full brunt of an imagination tuned towards dead characters. Devoured by a nanomachine monstrosity and sucked into an induction fan are my favourites.