• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Reader - Erotic Romance

Status
Not open for further replies.

kali cross

Registered
Reaction score
Looking for Beta readers for my newest erotic (M/F) romance, Power Struggle. It's 105k words with a dual POV. Contact me if you are interested! I'm looking for critiques on pacing, plot holes (hopefully there aren't any), unique character voices, etc. Here's my blurb:

Mike Jacobs enjoyed women, no doubt. He just never expected much. Not after his ex. After a promising career as a pro football player was cut short with a brutal tackle, his fiancée cut him loose. Swore off serious commitment ever since. He was nothing more than a paycheck to most women, or worse—a future alimony payment. Married, kids, the whole nine yards--he learned early on, thanks to ex--it wasn’t in the cards for him. As the CEO of Clear Message, Inc., he was on top of the world. New job. New responsibilities. He had it all. That was his future.

Taylor Dennis thought she would drop dead two years ago when she walked into her new job and saw her football idol. He’d aged well. Still in playing shape, his ass did phenomenal things to her lady parts. Hell, he didn’t have to do much to get Taylor’s motor running. A look…a smile…the first few months were unadulterated torture. But the endless parade of skanks Mike had in and out of the office squelched any infatuation she had for him. Fawning over him with their big fake tits, short skirts, and collegian-filled lips. Each one was different, but the same too. No one type emerged, just a limitless barrage of girls with hot figures, model good looks, and what she suspected were some pretty fantastic skills in the bedroom. None of them stayed long, and there was always another to take her place.

When Taylor decided to go for it, she had no delusions he would stick around, but after two years, she was drunk enough to take what she wanted, what she fantasized about. And why shouldn’t she? They both knew the score. Mike was a one-time thing. It wasn’t going to be anything more than a drunken fling. She could handle it…or so she thought. She never expected him to see it as something more…and it scared the hell out of her.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Kali, ordinarily we post requests for beta readers only once. Do you want this one to remain, or the one at the erotica board? This one probably gets more eyes on it, but less who are likely to have experience with erotic romance. Your call.

Maryn, pleased to meet you

kali cross

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I saw a similar post from you to another erotic writer. I must have misunderstood your response to her. I think I'll leave it in the Beta section for now. Thank you.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Got it. I'll delete the one at Erotica but put in a link to this one, so you won't lose any potential betas. Win-win, I hope.

Maryn, fingers crossed

lexirose

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
Are you still looking for readers? I'd happily take a look. I read fast so should be able to give you some feedback within a few days. I prefer google docs, although I know some people aren't always comfortable with that. It makes it easier to edit whilst reading. Also, on the same post in the Erotica forum, you mentioned you'd be happy to swap - are you still interested in doing that? I'm looking for some feedback on 90k m/f erotic NA romance.
Thanks,
Lexi

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.