What does this mean?

didi768

Registered
Reaction score
Every time I pick up the book I'm reading and read a page or less, all I want to do is go write. Is that weird? I mean, I read a ton of books but just this last year or so, I can't even concentrate on it because I get the urge to go write instead. Does this happen to anyone else? I write a little but reading novels makes me want to WRITE them too. And I'm not too good at novel writing either. I prefer short stories or essays.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Run with it. And don't forget to have fun! :)

shivadyne

brushing off the diamond dust
Registered
Reaction score
yeah, that happens to me, too. sometimes what i'm reading is so good that it, like, inspires me to go off and write something of my own. it can be a little annoying sometimes, i guess. i agree with chris p, though. a sudden burst of inspiration can be a good thing. :D

StoryofWoe

Sick and pale with grief.
Registered
Reaction score
Certain authors have a knack for tickling the writing parts of my brain. I say take it and run with it! Anything that gets your words on the page is most definitely a good thing. :)

biggie321hp

Registered
Reaction score
That happens to me sometimes, too. It's only natural. Reading gets your imagination running, and writing is a way to put your imagination into words for others to enjoy. It is only natural.