Ugh, My Wrist! It Hurts!

Melanii

Talking Fruit
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thestrawberryscribe.wordpress.com
If I keep hand-writing my books, will it get stronger and less painful? I find that not using a computer or tablet/iPad, makes writing easier. It only can last in 30 minute bursts, though. >>

I finally realized why I haven't used the TV in awhile (includes PC desktop): my eyes have gotten worse. Can't read anything. >< I need someone to read things to me. XD

Is it "normal" to have smells strongly affect your taste buds? If I smell something like pickles, and I'm eating a sandwich, I'll be like suddenly eating a pickle sandwich and get nauseated. Can smells actually make me feel sick anyway? My I'm over-reacting. Is it even possible for me to avoid vegetables due to them being shoved down my throat as a kid -- you know, when you stick your finger down your throat and you start choking? Like that! And now I feel sick each time I taste them. ><

Is it weird that I want to carry my cat around, because he makes me feel happy as I hold him and he purrs, and I don't feel afraid?

I think I'm too tired. My sleep has been tired. Might nap soon. I did that yesterday when my friend and boyfriend where playing a game together. I was too, but then... *sleeps*

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score
I dunno. But that nausea thing reminds me of when the first one was on the way. She couldn't walk past a subway without wretching, and my pickled eggs were exiled for a long long time.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
When writing by hand makes your wrist hurt, unless you've got an injury you're aggravating, it's probably due to form. Writing with a properly held pen or pencil does not make the wrist flex--not even a little. The entire arm moves slightly as you write, rather than the wrist bending.

When I was a little kid learning penmanship, I had the crotchety older teacher who harped on form, from how we held our fat pencils to whether our wrists were absolutely straight. The old lady was right!

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
I dunno. But that nausea thing reminds me of when the first one was on the way. She couldn't walk past a subway without wretching, and my pickled eggs were exiled for a long long time.

That was the first thing I thought of too. Uncharacteristic fatigue/sleepiness also fits the bill.

Could be something, could be nothing.

Strawberrii, if you're not feeling like yourself, you should pop on by the doctor for a checkup. Even if it turns out to be nothing, it's worth the price of the visit for the peace of mind.

Last edited:

Melanii

Talking Fruit
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I've been having that nausea feeling since I was a teen! So it's not really new, it just scrapes me moreso now, knowing it hinders what I should eat. Besides, I have no money for doctors anyway... When I was pregnant a couple of years ago, I was worse than this.

Right now my head hurts (as it usually does) and I feel pathetically weak. Might be worse now than it used to be!

I might be holding the pencil/pen right. I should google that. :p

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
Is it weird that I want to carry my cat around, because he makes me feel happy as I hold him and he purrs, and I don't feel afraid?

Yes, it's weird. Very weird! I mean...nobody ever does that, especially not me. Really, I've never done it! Never never in a million years! ;)

Melanii

Talking Fruit
Registered
Reaction score
Website
He's in a bit of pain, especially in his chest. Gots burn marks and bruises. Now has to deal with court and buying another-something not in his budget to begin with.

With me still unemployed and not hearing anything from disability, things aren't looking good. I feel like a major burden now. ><

biggie321hp

Registered
Reaction score
Honestly, no matter how much I write with my hand, it hurts. That's why I type my stories on my computer.

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
He's in a bit of pain, especially in his chest. Gots burn marks and bruises. Now has to deal with court and buying another-something not in his budget to begin with.

With me still unemployed and not hearing anything from disability, things aren't looking good. I feel like a major burden now. ><

After having gone through a traumatic experience like that, and been left in such pain and stress afterwards, I'm sure he'd be feeling a lot worse than he already is if he didn't have your love and company right now. An income isn't the only, or even most important, worth a person brings to a partnership. I know that can be hard to believe when financial problems are occurring, but remember that you're together. You wouldn't be if all you were was a major burden. :Hug2: