• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Three new members for sci-fi/fantasy writing group....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vilya

May the way of the hero...
Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am looking for three committed sci-fi/fantasy novelists who would like to round out an established writing group. Right now there are five members (including myself) but we would love to boost our numbers to seven or eight. We are currently in a lull between posting novels, so there would be nothing for new people to catch up on.

"Alpha-readers" takes place on a private forum, where we don't just post our work, but also have social and writing boards. Helping each other through the rough spots in the writing process is just as important as critiquing everyone's submissions.

People who would like to be in the group should feel comfortable

-Critiquing lightly edited first drafts (Not everything in the group will be first drafts, but members do have the option of posting them)

-Posting between 1,000 and 7,000 words a month

-Critiquing MG, YA, and Adult (Members have the option of posting all of the above)

We also try to keep the rating no higher than somewhere between PG-13 and R. (I know that is probably about as clear as mud, but we have a section of the forum set aside to try out this kind of thing. So if you think you are anywhere near that ballpark, please don't be put off)

If you are interested or have any questions at all, feel free to P.M. me.

Note- It looks like I have enough people to get started with the tryout process.

Last edited:

sussu

Registered
Reaction score
This sounds fantastic.
I'd love to be part of this.
I love that this group does not mind first draft, that it is focused on SF and F, that it accepts MG and YA equally and that it is not only focused on critique. It is almost too good to be true.
I'd be proud to be part of this group.
Please, open up a warm place for my novels. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.