• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Here's your chance to be part of the next epic YA Novel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

viridian6

Registered
Reaction score
Looking for a new project? Do you have vast amounts of free time? Are you fluent in sarcasm?
GREAT! Uncap those red pens, and show me everything I'm doing wrong!

The Stats:

• Fiction. YA Contemporary
  • 1st Person POV (not alternating)
  • Work in Progress
  • Word Count: Currently 47K with goal of 60k-65k
  • Standalone with series potential (ha! lets get book 1 off the ground first)
  • Profanity, no sex, MC mentions past drug use, underage drinking
  • MC will never let out a breath she didn't know she was holding.

Looking For:

• A mentor. A critique partner.
  • Basically, everything. Feedback on plot, characters, grammar, etc.
  • Someone who can go along with/help the story unfold. (ex. "know what would be cool? if, in this scene, MC blah blah blah")

End Goal: Lit agent-->book deal-->movie deal-->become BFFs with movie stars

What will YOU get from this deal:

• my undying gratitude
  • good karma
  • a new BFF

Seriously - I will repay the favor (although you might not want me to after you read the hot mess i've got on paper--kidding!) I'd love to form a partnership where we could critique each others work. Grammar is not my strong suit, but I've been told I'm good at realistic dialog & voice.

My Credentials:
This is my 1st attempt at writing YA.
My Adult Contemp Romance MS landed me an agent, but she left the agency before my MS went on submission. That MS is back in the query trenches.
I share this so you'll know this is not my 1st rodeo. I'm not going to send you a story filled with dialog tags every sentence, info dumping, or a page1 dream sequence. Everything will be edited to the best of my ability.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.