In Which Birol Hiccups And Derails Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
Is it true that I should not use colored papers when printing my manuscript? Does that mean I should use black paper instead of white since black is the absence of all color and white is the combination of all colors. If I do use black paper, what color ink should I use when I print my manuscript?

Aconite

Registered
Reaction score
You kids today. In my day, we had dirty-bone vellum with holes in it and nothing else, and we were glad for that!

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
Are you suggesting we shouldn't make use of improvements in technology and that the publishing industry shouldn't move with the time?

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Look, if its worked fine for the last two hundred years, why on earth should we change everything around for the young turks who wanna submit on black construction paper with glitter-ink?

Deleted member 42

Birol said:
Are you suggesting we shouldn't make use of improvements in technology and that the publishing industry shouldn't move with the time?

Paper? Paper is for wimps, and what's the point of vellum? Couple of centuries, a little damp, and your ms. is over.

Real writers use clay tablets. Think about it. They're portable, recycleable, and durable; easily lasting thousands of years with almost no care. Just bury them in a nice dry hole in the ground.

Aconite

Registered
Reaction score
Medievalist said:
They're portable, recycleable, and durable; easily lasting thousands of years with almost no care.
Sure, unless you drop them. Shards all over the frickin' place. Give me a good, rollable sheet of vellum any day.

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
Medievalist said:
Paper? Paper is for wimps, and what's the point of vellum? Couple of centuries, a little damp, and your ms. is over.

Real writers use clay tablets. Think about it. They're portable, recycleable, and durable; easily lasting thousands of years with almost no care. Just bury them in a nice dry hole in the ground.

Except for when you drop them.

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
Since you're here, Perks. What do you think? Black or white? Rag content, vellum, or tablets? You're the FAQ mod, doesn't that mean you have all the answers?

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Yes I do -

Answers are $1.50

Answers which require thought - $4.10

The right answer - market rate

Dumb looks are still free.

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
Wait a minute. Jenna's letting you make money off this gig?

*Lori pulls out her Rules of Indentured Servitude and starts reading the fine print.*

Aconite

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, hey, she's my little valentine. I get a cut until she buys her own replacement.

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Medievalist said:

Clay tablets? Are you nuts? They break far too easily.

Every writer worth her salt knows that there's only one proper medium for her deathless prose--stone tablets. If it ain't written in stone, it ain't worth reading!

Deleted member 42

Yeshanu said:
Clay tablets? Are you nuts? They break far too easily.

Every writer worth her salt knows that there's only one proper medium for her deathless prose--stone tablets. If it ain't written in stone, it ain't worth reading!

Actually, they don't. I've dropped cuneiform tablets a number of times, and never even had a chip.

Really.

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Medievalist said:
Actually, they don't. I've dropped cuneiform tablets a number of times, and never even had a chip.

Really.

Just give 'em a couple thousand year. You'll see.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Ruth...Lisa being Lisa...she might well have been handling the couple-thousand-year old ones.

::geekly admiration::

Status
Not open for further replies.