PDA

View Full Version : Has any agent said

G.G. Rebimik
05-23-2015, 10:27 PM
YES? I'd love to hear the story....:)

Putputt
05-23-2015, 10:39 PM
Considering the number of people who are agented and/or published here, I'd say yeah, plenty of agents have said yes. :D You should check out the Successful Queries thread and the Goals and Accomplishments forum.

amergina
05-23-2015, 11:34 PM
Yes. :) Though I don't have a stellar query letter to show for it. I pitched in person.

Brightdreamer
05-23-2015, 11:38 PM
Well, I'd assume so - I'd like to think that all those little agentlings got here through entirely consensual means.

:nothing

waylander
05-23-2015, 11:42 PM
A publisher said that to me recently

Filigree
05-24-2015, 12:12 AM
I've had it happen to me.

Realistically, logically, it *has* to happen, or the agents and publishers would run out of new material. When an author is in the depths of query hell, it can seem like no one ever gets The Call. The only factor you can really control is the quality of your mms, and where you send it.

Old Hack
05-24-2015, 01:50 AM
Lots of writers have agents. Therefore, lots of agents have said yes. I've had three agents in the last twenty years or so. They've all done well for me, and when we parted company it was always amicable.

There are plenty of stories out there about how writers found their agents. I suspect you could find a few by googling.

Sheryl Nantus
05-24-2015, 02:08 AM
My story happened last year in October.

I'd just finished the first book in a new erotic romance series and was getting ready to submit it to various publishers.

It was Wednesday and by sheer chance I saw that #AdPit was happening on Twitter. Adult Romance Pitches - make a Twitter post pitch for your book.

I did so.

Got some requests from agents. One read the entire manuscript over the weekend and called the next Monday to ask if she could represent me. I had another agent looking it over as well and, as luck would have it, the two of them work together at times on clients.

That's how I end up with two agents and a three-book contract with Samhain Publishing. First book, Strictly Business, comes out in October.

It happens.

:)

kenpochick
05-24-2015, 02:12 AM
Of course! They don't always so no. :-)

quicklime
05-24-2015, 06:59 AM
YES? I'd love to hear the story....:)

this seems an obvious question you clearly know the answer to, which leaves me thinking your question is an oblique pass at what you're REALLY asking, which at a guess is either to hear a few success stories or to figure out why they have not said "yes" to YOU.

Care to specify which, and if you're having trouble, elaborate a bit? (total queries #, rejection #, partial #, etc.....)

mayqueen
05-24-2015, 10:12 PM
The OP should visit the goals and accomplishments subforum. :)

Jamesaritchie
05-24-2015, 11:13 PM
Sometimes it seems that more of us have agents than don't.