• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for beta readers for completed low-fantasy YA novel 60,000 words

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdmonline

Registered
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm new here and have been looking around to engage with some beta readers to help me get this MS ready for publishing. I'm looking to find people that I can really engage with and who are not shy of providing brutally honest feedback. I don't easily offend and am looking to get this MS as good as it possibly can be. Happy to provide acknowledgements. Here's a bit of a blurb about the book:

Joshua is a teenage woodsman nearing the age of decision. He lives in Forestium, a forest world with strange creatures and where people live from the natural forest resources. Joshua's father did not return from a battle when he was very young and a powerful dream awakens in him a desire to learn the truth and to find his father if he can. With little more than the cryptic musings of his village elder to guide him, he is joined by his best friend and a lonesome imp, who is also searching for other of his kind. They are soon joined by Sarah, an ingenious young fixer from a remote tribe and the four protagonists set off to find the Oracle. Along the way, they must overcome various obstacles, including those sent by the Goat, an evil and malicious creature that jealously guards the knowledge of the magical artefacts Joshua must find. Joshua and Sarah develop romantic feelings for each other but when they finally find the Oracle, she tells him he must give up his love for her in order for him to fulfil his destiny. Now terribly conflicted, Joshua's goes on a roller-coaster of emotions and is further placed under great stress as the Orb of Time shows him things in his past that torment him even more. There are several very interesting plot twists and surprises throughout with a thrilling and tense end game in which Joshua and his friends must defeat the dark forces of the goat before opening the Portallas, the permanent gateway to another world through which Joshua hopes to find his father.

PORTALLAS - FORESTIUM is the first book in the PORTALLAS series and I'm currently working on book 2 - PORTALLAS - ARCHIPELAGO.

I would love to work with any avid beta reader to help me get this into shape for publishing, which I believe is not far off. Thanks and I hope to hear from you either here, via PM or you can e-mail be at [email protected].

- Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.