DC's Legends of Tomorrow

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
Confirmed by TVGuide today that she will be playing White Canary -- although the article is wrong in that she was never Black Canary; on Arrow, she was just Canary. (And I sincerely doubt that her sister, Black Canary, will feature at all in LoT.)

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
Let's see if DC can do an ensemble show. But I'm excited. These shows on CW have a great history of successful tie-together.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
I think cautious is the right word. The pilot hasn't been made, yet, so the footage in the trailer is freestanding. I really hope it's a taste of what's to come. And I'm curious how they get Sara's body into the Lazarus pits, as she was buried in her own grave by Laurel and the others.

dragonjax

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
I think cautious is the right word. The pilot hasn't been made, yet, so the footage in the trailer is freestanding. I really hope it's a taste of what's to come. And I'm curious how they get Sara's body into the Lazarus pits, as she was buried in her own grave by Laurel and the others.

Rip Hunter is a Time Lord...er, Master. So she could have been grabbed as soon as she was shot and had the body swapped out with some doctored up lookalike. Or maybe she's on borrowed time and will have to return to the point where she was shot and falling off the roof. Lots of ways they can go.

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Love the way it looks, but not sure how they convince the 2 former bad guys to be good guys. Flash tried with Captain Cold, but it didn't take. He was in my high school class, by the way.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Months of clips, trailers, and such, and still all I can think is "Rory, Rory, Rory, Rory, Rory!!!!!"

I'm so happy to see Arthur Darvill back on the air and traveling through time!

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
So did anyone watch?

I like the show so far. I think heat-ray guy is laying the cheese on a little thick, but not too bad. I loved the hawks trying to save their senior citizen son, and I loved the fight set to "love can keep us together."

Sara in the mix with heat-ray and Snart is a wickedly wonderful combination! I think I'd watch a show with just the three of them.

I liked the set-up and reveal for both Rip's history as well as the truth behind the idea of "Legends." Pretty well done.

So Arthur Darvill is playing a "Time Master" who ran off from a council of of his peers and stole a time machine to save Earth. Rory the nurse has now officially become Doctor Who. The crew built him a "Dalek" https://www.instagram.com/p/BAxZ1JwDgO-/

"Chronos" even looked like a wonky Cyberman by way of a Reever. In fact, considering the laser pistol and duster, Darvill's a terrific combination of the Doctor and Mal Reynolds from Firefly.

With that mix, I don't think I could hate this show if I tried. I'm smiling too hard!

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
I freaking missed it. It's being repeated next week after Flash and I may be able to catch it on demand.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
For US users, you can watch it for free on the CW's site. That's where I saw it this morning after forgetting it was on last night!

(I don't know how. There've only been 362,000,000 advertisements since last year.)

RichardGarfinkle

Nurture Phoenixes
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardgarfinkle.com
I liked it. I think that all the Flash and Arrow set up for the various characters paid off. It would have been difficult dumping all these characters without the fleshed out backstory. As it was they only had to introduce Rip Hunter, and for any Dr. Who fan, seeing Arthur Darvill basically playing the Doctor was wonderful.

Gideon as the ship's AI is intriguiging. How many copies of that thing are there?

I've seen complaints from reviewers that the actor playing Vandal Savage doesn't have the charisma for the role. But I like his unserstated scariness. Here's hoping they can make this work.

dragonjax

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
Enjoyed it. Some rough spots, and I'm completely rolling with "they're not consequential to the time line," even though Savage **gets his power from killing Kufu and Shaiara for thousands of years**, so if they suddenly disappear in 2016, that has a direct impact on Savage's immortality." But I'm very willing to stick it out.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
I'm waiting for them to announce that the "meteor" that killed Savage, Kufu and Shaiara was actually the crashing time ship after Heat Wave tried to boost it and fly it on his own. :ROFL:

Oopsie. (Take that, inconsequential to the time line!)

awshaw2

Registered
Reaction score
I enjoyed the show. I think seeing the heroes trying to work in different groups will be interesting. And just waiting for Captain Cold to go on a time heist.

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
I hope they unify the threads into a more singular story, and soon. Jumping from Sarah to Firestorm to...

Too busy for one hour. I'll try a few more weeks.

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
I don't really like what they've done with the character of Vandal Savage, making him only a few thousand years old. But, I like all the actors. (It must be fun playing Snart, combining douchiness with some potential depth.)

Something odd right in the beginning -- the computer referred to the year 2016 as "the early second [sic] millennium A.D.". Could they really not count to three?

Last edited:

Sammie

Registered
Reaction score
Oh God it sounds soooo good! Crying tears of pain here... It's doesn't air in Venezuela till Feburary!! Ughhh.... The wait is horrible...