Buried (2010)

RightHoJeeves

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Hi all,

Has anyone seen Buried with Ryan Reynolds? I just watched it and maaaaan was that a good thriller. The tension ratchets up to the very last second. It's like it tapers into a pinhead. Just, wow.

Watch it.

That is all.

Ravioli

Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annagiladi.wixsite.com
That movie killed me. You'd think such a limited location variation, cough, would bore you... I suffered for that man. The end crushed me, pun intended. Seriously, that was one horrible movie, and I mean this in the best of ways.

RightHoJeeves

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Oh man the ending was heartbreaking. Absolutely horrifying. That is exactly why, when I die, I want to be cremated instead of buried.

RightHoJeeves

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
I thought the same until I killed that buzz thinking: so what's worse, buried or burned (semi-)alive?

To be honest, buried might be preferable. Waking up in the coffin would obviously be the worst thing that could ever happen, but once you eventually calmed down, you'd presumably run out of oxygen and just sort of "go to sleep" from asphyxiation.

I'm not sure how it would work, but there could be a thriller about someone who is conscious but can't move, and they're about to be buried. Creepy.

JimmyB27

Hoopy frood
Registered
Reaction score
In the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable e
Website
destinydeceived.wordpress.com
Being claustrophobic, even just thinking about watching this film is giving me the creeps. The thought of actually being buried alive is effing terrifying.

Mythbusters did a bit about being buried alive. Turns out you're almost as much at risk of being crushed as asphyxiating. Jamie stayed in the coffin for 30 odd minutes though, which is about 40 minutes longer than I'd manage without completely losing my shit.

Grrarrgh

Not so new, not so much a kid
Registered
Reaction score
This was one of those movies that was so good, but I can never watch again.