Looking for a Crit Swap Buddy!

RosyMaylor

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking for a buddy! I'd prefer to swap critiques, either chapter for chapter or a story at a time.

In the past I've had awesome critique partnerships that lasted years. Unfortunately, due to that stupid life stuff than happens when we're not sitting in front of our laptops, I'm on my own right now.

Genre: Erotic BDSM Romance (with humor) M/F - I read widely in different genres, but I'd prefer a partner who genuinely enjoys this genre and is also writing within it.

Feedback: I'm happy to give line by line critique, or more general feedback. I usually ask for general feedback on the first draft and then get down to specifics after the second draft is complete. (No point in polishing the floors while the renovations are still underway.)

Time: I'm generally quick to respond. If life gets busy, I make sure to let my partners know when they can expect to hear back from me.

I'm a teacher (not an English teacher). Past partners have described my critiques as insightful and inspiring. I'm always honest and I hope my partners are too! I've learned as much from them as they have learned from me. I am actively involved in the BDSM community and lifestyle, so I'm happy to give advice about realism or suspend my disbelief as needed.

Morgaen

Registered
Reaction score
I have sent a PM to the original poster. But, if anyone else who reads this is interested in swapping beta reading or the like, please let me know. I'm an experienced beta reader and writer of trans fiction.

Similarly here. I write short stories not novels but I'm more than happy to swap crits :)

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Do remember, too, that anybody with 50 posts is most cordially invited not only to swap critiques in private but to post their work to Share Your Work - Erotica for even more feedback. It helps if you also put a link and teaser in your signature line temporarily, and if you're around so people feel like they know you.

Maryn, who's gotten good feedback there at times

Vermilion

Sleepless in Asia
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Rosy!
I want to be your crit partner but I'm completely new at erotica. I don't read it. I have never written it.

That said, I'm not new to critiquing/writing itself. I can offer you feedback on the writing, plot, etc.

I would like someone to look at my work and tell me if I should just stick to writing something else.
I need someone experienced and completely honest.

Let me know if I qualify.

garyh412

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, I've written several erotic short stories and I'm looking for critique and feedback with an eye towards publishing, eventually. I am equally interested in providing feedback on other's work and while I am, new to this site, I would still be a more than a willing partner for this endevour.

-G

Leila76

Registered
Reaction score
I've been dabbling in erotica and would be interested in critique-swapping. I'm new to the genre but not new to writing or critiquing.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
While private swaps are just fine, don't forget that we can offer critique at Share Your Work - Erotica at any post count, although it takes 50 posts to put up our own work. It's a great way to contribute to the erotica subset of this community, and if you're like me, you'll probably learn something as you critique others which will improve your own writing.

If you don't have the password for Share Your Work - Erotica, just PM (private message) either the site owner MacAllister or her trusty sidekick AW Admin, asking for it and saying you're 21 or older, if that's true. (No fibbing, now.)

Maryn, still in her lobster PJs at eleven in the morning, for shame