It's a love hate relationship

Megann

Registered
Reaction score
I love computers when they are cooperative and fast and I hate computers when they crash or generally don't work, particularly when I am in a hurry.

jaus tail

Banned
Reaction score
i love a nice evening with a friend where we talk or just sit in silence. i hate it when someone shouts at me or ridicules me.

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
I love spring! It is so nice to be outside again. The neighborhood kids are riding bikes. I'm in my garden. The grass is green. The flowers...damn! There goes the tornado siren again. I hate spring! --s6

M.S. Wiggins

"The Moving Finger writes..."
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I love reading the local newspaper. (The paper kind . . . that rolled-up, stuffed-in-a-plastic-bag, tossed-under-your-car-at-some-mysterious-pre-dawn-hour kind).

I hate most of the articles.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I love Winter.

I hate power outages due to ice on the lines.

Yourg

Registered
Reaction score
I love (or at least like) the word "iridescent." I loathe the word "impactful."

jaus tail

Banned
Reaction score
I hate to see cheetah chase a gazelle. I love to see mama gazelle come in the picture and toss the cat in the air with her horns.

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
I love a dark slate sky, the sound of rain on roofs (metal, tile, thatch, glass, doesn't matter), and the neon sheen of wet city streets at night.

I hate melanoma.

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
I love old black & white movies. Now that I am retired I watch them all day. I love the soft silver tones, even the character actors are gorgeously, uniquely beautiful in silver and jet. I love character actors. I love watching Spring Byington, Wallace Beery, Percy Killbride, Beulah Bondi, Margaret Hamilton, Edgar Buchanan, Brian Ahern, and my all time favorite, Brian Donlevy, save a movie. Their craft carries many a movie with a handsome but incompetent star.

I love seeing the old men and women of the technicolor movies as young, silver gods and goddesses. Burgess Meredith was once handsome! Hume Cronyn was a cutie pie.

I love the elegant wardrobes--I can vaguely remember a time when men wore hats and ladies wore dresses and hose to the grocery store. (Not that I would ever ditch my blue jeans and sneakers.) Barbara Stanwyck was wearing a dress the other day that I swear she stole from my grandmother's closet!

I especially love the old cars, the old sets, the home decor of my childhood: a curtain for a door; one bathroom in a house; old stoves with legs; mantels crowded with knickknacks; wallpaper and curtains that don't match and were never intended to match. I miss sun porches, sleeping porches, breakfast nooks, small cozy rooms with busy wallpaper--no barn like open concept in those days, floors were oak but softened with carpets and rugs.

I lose patience with the plots. If they are good they have been done so many times they are tepid as best. Often they are anti-feminist, stereotyped, politically incorrect. Trust me, I am no fan of political incorrectness. I firmly believe in political correctness--I call it gracious behavior. Once the plot or stereotyping offends me, I google the outcome and move on. I can do six to ten a day. The movies stop when my daughter gets home from work. She says I have a problem.

I don't write anymore. I watch TCM, AMC, even old Mexican movies--Jorge Negrete anyone?-- and if I can't feed my habit with the tv on my wall, I go online. I cannot shake the habit.

In short: I HATE OLD MOVIES! --s6

Last edited:

M.S. Wiggins

"The Moving Finger writes..."
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I love the infinitesimal seconds that slow down when a sudden breeze whips up and blows your hair around, forcing you to lift a hand to hold it back from your eyes. But the wind persists and you have to lift the other hand to maintain eye contact, and it’s like biology holding back the forces of nature.

However, I hate (though somewhat admire) the way the forces of nature can lay waste to our pathetic efforts to fight back.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I love Peanut & Jelly sammiches

I hate Reece's Peanut Butter Cups

StoryofWoe

Sick and pale with grief.
Registered
Reaction score
I love homemade chicken soup. I hate the guilt I feel whenever I throw away chicken bones because I should be using them to make stock, but it's so much easier to just open a damn carton.