What can you see outside your bedroom window?

Ally Atherton

Registered
Reaction score
Is it inspirational or a damp squid of a view?

I sadly have a view of a back alley. Nothing exciting at all!

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The bare branches of a paper birch tree not yet in bud, and the second story and roof of the vacant house across the street. I suppose when somebody finally moves in, we'll have to close the curtains again to change clothes.

Maryn, in suburbia

Marlys

Resist. Love. Go outside.
Registered
Reaction score
My back yard. Still full of violets, bluebells, and dandelions, but increasingly in need of mowing.

williemeikle

The force is strong in this one.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.williammeikle.com
A bay on the Eastern coastline of Newfoundland. This was yesterday evening from the window.

CEMe0Z0UkAAw6r6.jpg

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
My raised bed garden-- pretty barren right now, then a lovely green wheat field and then a field of yellow flowers. The view is open fields and pasture all the way to Old Fifty Highway, about a mile away. --s6

Altiv

Chasing the dragon...
Registered
Reaction score
My neighbor's trees, some houses, and the Andes Mountains. The mountains look beautiful when they are covered in snow, but as it hasn't snowed yet they look like a huge stone wall.

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
An mixed oak grove, mostly live oak, following a stream. When the angle of the sun is right, a place where the stream widens out reflects a patch of brilliant blue. This time of year, purple wildflowers dot the grass, which will start to turn brown later this month. You can catch a glimpse of the Sierras between the trees, although because of the drought, there's hardly any snow on them at all this year. And sometimes, a meandering white horse.

Last edited:

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Lake (along with the occasional ducks and swans)

The Trees...lots and lots of budding, blooming trees...

Which means I can't open my windows and let the fresh air in, which would be sudden and absolute death to me: The stuffy-nosed allergy sufferer. :cry:

Brutal Mustang

Loves interplanetary chaos.
Registered
Reaction score
This. I keep them very close to the house, compared to most people with horses.

horses.jpg

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, some of you have beautiful views. Willie! Wow. Out my bedroom window is nothing special--typical LA suburban, walled-in backyard. But looking South from my patio I have a nice view of the Santa Monica Mtns, but that'll be gone in the next few months, as they're putting up a condo bldg at the corner.

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Our tiny back yard. Tiny because I hate taking care of grass.

~ 30 feet beyond, a classic tumble-down New England field-stone wall that marks the southern border of our property. Grey slabs and rounds, covered in veins and doilies of whitish-green lichen.

Beyond that, at least a hundred acres of mixed-hardwoods forest that the state owns (watershed protection land).

I write there. But mostly when it's too dark to see any of that. :tongue

Chris1981

Just Another Transman
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
One bedroom window faces our driveway, which ends beside the house, so I see my car. The other faces the cul-de-sca (we're at the middle point of it, so I get this lovely view of the entire, little neighborhood from all the front windows). It's good stuff, this living-in-the-'burbs-thing. Still new to me, but nice.

CSPayne

Oh look, here I am
Registered
Reaction score
Spring is in full swing here.

I spy with my little eye rooftops dotted between just about every green on the palate, vibrant against the looming mountains blacked out by the incoming storm.

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score
I live on the inland edge of a peaceful coastal village and have the branch line to the harbour and power station between me and the fields of dairy cattle. There is the neighbouring city five miles out, and can clearly make out the hospital, memorial and one of the universities. Behind that are the foothills of the pennines climbing steeply in to the distance.

The view recently gained four massive wind turbines but it's a view I know I'll miss when we move later this year and likely have no view at all, but for another row of Victorian terraced houses.

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
A bench arbor in one of my rose gardens, with tea olives and tree wisteria beyond, then the rolling hill meadow of my neighbor's across the road. There is a pretty little white church steeple at the far bottom of the hill that I have in the view, too :)

I'm walling in that garden due to the noise of the fast traffic, but the hill, steeple, wisteria and trees are all tall enough to see over where the walls will be! I can't wait :) It's very cozy, that view.

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
I see halos of white clouds above the Cleveland National Forest foothills.

Pony.

Aspiring supervillain
Registered
Reaction score
Damn, all i get is the aging roof on a room addition and a narrow yard in dire need of being mowed next to a garage in dire need of being painted.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:ty: for the varied views. :D

Our second-story view is a line of Douglas firs, the tall state evergreen. Not always the case in rainy Oregon, but this morning, the sky above the pine needles and cones is clear blue.