• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Hoping for Beta for YA SF, 80K

Status
Not open for further replies.

pedroj012

Registered
Reaction score
I sent out a few messages to people in the willing betas thread, but I figured I would send it out to the forum also.

I would say I'm more interested in high level beta-ing, but if there are glaring grammar/spelling issues I would love to hear about them.

I'm not picky about credentials. I'm just as happy with people who have no credentials but might want to read something like this for fun.

Thanks!

This is the query I have so far, which I'm actively working on, but it will give you an idea about what's going on.

Officially they’re called “techs”, but everyone calls them “cogs” – they’re taking people’s jobs. Eighteen year old Eno always called them “cogs” too, until he went and fell in love with Tuliej: a tech with more attitude than a longhorn bull.

But when smoldering discontent escalates into all-out war between humans and techs, Tuliej is captured and shipped off to a prison camp somewhere on the other side of the country. Shipped to the kind of camp that techs don’t leave in one piece.

Eno had always heard that if you love someone, set them free. He takes that to mean if you really love someone, you cross a twenty-third century war-torn America and blow them the hell out of their high security prison cell.

It’s a hell of a trip to make alone. Eno joins with RT, a powerful, street-wise tech who just might be able to end the war. Tuliej means a lot to RT too—as huge profit on the black market. And although he knows about RT’s plans, Eno needs the bombs the tech carries in order to have a hope of blowing open the camp.

As they travel, Eno confronts the atrocities of war, and while he starts to see the good in RT, he begins to question his own character. And, on the eve of Tuliej’s release, when Eno finds himself on the cusp of murder, he must decide whether he is really willing to sacrifice his own humanity in order to save the one he loves.

pedroj012

Registered
Reaction score
Oh cool, thanks! I saw the 2014 one in here, but didn't know about this years

Status
Not open for further replies.