More adventures in the weird and wacky world of the unemployed.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
So... Yesterday I see a job online for the NHS. I think 'ooh... I'll apply for that'. Send off my CV and realise it's with an agency I worked for about 10 years ago. Oh, they were bad. Messed up my timesheets and therefore my wages. Sent me to the wrong address for a job.... all sorts of stuff.

I think to myself 'That was 10 years ago. That dumbarse can't still be working there, surely? ' So I send off my CV and cross my fingers.

10 minutes later I get a call from Ben at the agency. Now, take a tip from me, that's always a bad sign. It means they aren't very busy and are just waiting liked coiled springs for something to come in. I agree to go in and sign up cos, well, he was so keen that saying no would be like kicking a puppy.

But..... he sends me an email with all the details but it's not an email to me. It's to someone called Maria. I reply saying I think he sent me the wrong email. He calls me back to check my email address. Anyone else see the problem here?

So I explained it in small words and he said,

"Oh sorry, I just use a template and I must have forgotten to change the name."

:Wha:

I'm having serious doubts by now. But you know.... give the poor puppy a chance.

An hour later I get Becky from the same agency call and say she's seen my CV and would like to interview me. I tell her about Ben and she says 'oh ok, he didn't say he'd called you!'

:Wha::Wha:

I emailed him this morning and said I wouldn't be able to make the interview as I'd been offered a job......

Last edited:

Write_At_1st_Light

Writer of Nothingnesses
Registered
Reaction score
123 Pencilvania Ave, Writers Block, CA 90210
Website
www.DavidRedstone.com
Ah, Miranda...:Shrug: But maybe the Ben guy was daydreaming about West Side Story and that's why he emailed Maria? Becky Thatcher was probably mooning over that Sawyer guy whitewashing his fence and came back to the office all clueless. "We do job placement? We do? Cuz I didn't think this place looked like an oil rig. Hey, where's your hardhat, Benski???"

Pretty much the same with me. The recruiters are now all sending my resume and stuff to the same job! In effect, cancelling each other out.

Maths. Which I hate. The maths are telling us that the number of folks needing work far exceeds the number of job openings. As for me? Each night for the last week or so - I have dreams of being homeless. Because it's that close and I don't know how to do it.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
At least they were kind enough to show you this side before you wasted your time going in. Not every place is so incredibly disorganized generous.

True! There is that. I found out with no suffering on my part.

I honestly don't know how that agency has survived this long.