PDA

View Full Version : Show us your dialogue

Ally Atherton
04-27-2015, 01:41 PM
Give us a piece of dialogue from your book or your latest WIP using no more than 13 lines or make something up on the spot :)

Usher
04-27-2015, 01:50 PM
[...I edited the swearing it isn't flipping in the manuscript]
Dad sighs. He can sigh like nobody else I know. It is like he has emptied his entire soul into the air. “Angus, if you don't tell me I could give this to the secret service. Can't guarantee they'll know how to put it back together.”

They're a bunch of incompetents of course they bloody won't.

“This isn't flipping fair. Nobody else's dad has an army to break down their bedroom door and a secret service to crack a pin code.” My face pulls a petulant expression that I try to fight because my brother says it makes me look like a spoiled toddler and that's not the impression I want to make right now.

“Angus, mind your language when you talk to me. I could have used a screwdriver to unscrew the hinges and a brick to smash your phone. But there has to be some perks to being king.” His face relaxes into a cheeky gun that makes him look about twenty years younger. It chases away the stressed, haunted expression. “Because it's bloody awful otherwise. Now pin code before I consider the brick idea?”

Ally Atherton
04-27-2015, 03:07 PM
I bobbed my head under the water while I waited for her reply. I didn't know how many words she had left because she varies it every Bath Day and she doesn't always use any on me.

' Booth Day,' she replied.

Her words swam under the water to reach me. Words are good swimmers and they can hold their breath for as long as they want. Yesterday wasn't Booth Day. I know that but she doesn't. It seems I really am the only girl that remembers it.

'I had to open my legs. It was horrible.'

I was glad that I didn't have any words left because I wouldn't know what to say. But I was touched that she'd saved all her words for me. So I grabbed her hand and didn't let go.

It is safe underwater. Nobody can see you. There are no stammers underwater, at least I don't think so.