Status
Not open for further replies.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Not surprised about this. Between this and the debacle of Will Farrel's latest movie, it feels like society is moving on some things while they remain on autopilot doing the same kind of comedy since the from 10 or 20 years ago.

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
That's disgusting. Good on those who took a stand.

How could any filmmaker/screenwriter thinks that's even remotely okay or funny?

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
Why was that ever funny? It's just a string of racist filth and always has been. I can't believe they thought that just hiring a Native consultant that they don't listen to would absolve them of having to have some damned sense in their heads.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not at all surprised. One of Sandler's last movies was about a school teacher who had a sexual affair with a minor child and got pregnant by him. Apparently the idea of child rape is comedy. Who knew?

Why does anyone find him funny again?

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What I find odd is that when I see Sandler interviewed, he's funny, thoughtful, self-deprecating, and had moments of spontaneous wit. Yet his movies suck lime green donkey balls, as we say at Purgatory.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
What I find odd is that when I see Sandler interviewed, he's funny, thoughtful, self-deprecating, and had moments of spontaneous wit. Yet his movies suck lime green donkey balls, as we say at Purgatory.

I think he has been running on autopilot for a while now. Same deal with Eddie Murphey and some others.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Dumbass move by Sandler, but then again, his movies aren't exactly known for their sensitivity. (I'll except The Wedding Singer, as it was actually quite good). The Native Americans were right to protest and I hope they sue the hell out of him. Comedy is one thing, but insulting for the sheer hell of it with ZERO sensitivity is something else.

As someone said, why am I not surprised.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Last edited:

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
The Native Americans were right to protest and I hope they sue the hell out of him. Comedy is one thing, but insulting for the sheer hell of it with ZERO sensitivity is something else.

sue for what?

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
sue for what?

---

Emotional distress, racist depictions...they'll find something. Even if they don't win, they'll make Sandler look like an insensitive jerk...which he was.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
---

Emotional distress, racist depictions...they'll find something. Even if they don't win, they'll make Sandler look like an insensitive jerk...which he was.

I don't know that that will happen, but if the pre-chatter leads to the project getting shelved, I expect the completion guarantor will have things to say...

Tally

Registered
Reaction score
Website
remnants.spiritsoftheearth.net
Were his old movies this terrible? I watched them when I was young, and remember enjoying them, but you know how you think of things you liked as a kid and wonder if they were actually good or if you were just dumb and ignorant back then? Yeah.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
---

the public relations disaster will illuminate that just fine.

what are the courts supposed to be expected to do about free expression?

do you really want disapproval of art (such that it is) litigated?

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
I only ever saw one Adam Sander movie and I had to gag. I remember once asking for movie recommendations on AW, and one of the stipulations was: nothing with AS. I can just imagine the "humour". Something about the guy...

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
The Sony leaks showed even the studio hates Adam Sandler movies, and the audiences have been staying home in droves for years. I don't see how much longer the 'Adam Sandler movie' can remain a thing in Hollywood, unless the guy's actually signed some sort of pact with the Devil.

Ravioli

Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annagiladi.wixsite.com
I only liked "You don't mess with the Zohan" because the Israeli humor was so recognizable. Other than that, he annoys me. I hate the screamy voice he does for many of his characters and his toilet humor is getting old.

kevinwaynewilliams

Be blunt: I appreciate it
Registered
Reaction score
I only ever saw one Adam Sander movie and I had to gag. I remember once asking for movie recommendations on AW, and one of the stipulations was: nothing with AS. I can just imagine the "humour". Something about the guy...

Sad thing is, he actually can act. Punch-Drunk Love was a poignant and painful film to watch, one that made me physically cringe as the bad things happened to the lead because I empathised with him so thoroughly. Yet, that kind of performance obviously isn't what he chooses to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.