Trans Guy = Ultimate Guy?

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, so this is really cool.

Men's Health Magazine is running an "Ultimate Guy" cover model contest, and the current crowd favorite - far and away - is a trans male.

http://www.npr.org/2015/04/19/40082...ign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20150419

Aydian Dowling of Eugene, Ore., is ripped. He has sharply defined muscles, piercing eyes and European-playboy-on-the-Riviera tousled hair.

It's not just striking good looks that distinguish Dowling, who is leading the voting in the annual "Ultimate Guy" contest held by Men's Health magazine. If he wins the contest (which is ultimately determined by judges), Dowling will be the first transgender man to appear on the cover of Men's Health.

Can you imagine how this must feel? I'm really happy for him and hope the judges don't ignore the crowd!

thepicpic

May or may not be a potato.
Registered
Reaction score
What do you mean, there's a positive story in the news? I thought it was all doom, gloom, hate and celebrity dross.

But good for him. I hope he gets it.

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
He's very hot! I don't know what an 'ultimate guy' is to them, but if it's a hotness thing, he has nothing to worry about :D

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
He's also fortunate to have narrower hip bones than many trans men. I applaud how hard he's obviously worked to get ripped and I applaud the magazine for being open to trans people.

Maryn, for the win-win

Usher

Registered
Reaction score
I'm happy for him - it's great he's in that position but he is so not my ultimate guy ;) I prefer them altogether hairier and with broader shoulders. Bit less ripped and more pot bellied seems to be my type.

Usher

Registered
Reaction score
Some of us are naturally smooth and like it that way. :tongue

:p Still would never be my thing, sorry. Well OK maybe if you were amazing otherwise.

In terms of purely physical I've always been a Hairy Biker kind of a girl.

Stylised fuzz is the worst.... unless it's a spectacular tache.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I'm very happy for him and I will join to the choir and admit he's hot, though not my type. :tongue

Though I wanted to point out that, from what I gather, there's quite a controversy on the social expectation of "passing" in the trans community, so I feel it's important to point out that not looking like your gender doesn't make you any less of your gender.

Hey Kuwi, that's a lovely plugsuit your avatar is wearing~
BUT IT WOULD LOOK BETTER ON THE FLOOR OF MY UNIT-01

I thinking my mind is plotting the first AW Forum Crossover fanfic. :O (Or as Tina would call it, Friend Fic).