"A.D. The Bible Continues" (Airing on Sundays on NBC)

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Speaking from a strictly it's only entertainment viewpoint, I'm actually enjoying this.

Performances by the actors portraying Pontius Pilate, Caiaphas and St. Peter are riveting. ;)

Last edited:

stephenf

Registered
Reaction score
Hi
I have never read it , how does it end?

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Is this something that has to do with the new Bible narratives I have seen advertised on TV? Not Christian here, but I actually love watching this sort of thing. I'm interested in knowing more.

Brandon M Johnson

hard at work
Registered
Reaction score
I found the first episode a little slow and redundant (History was rerunning The Bible right before it, so that didn't help) but things picked up in the second, and I like the concept of exploring the political ramifications of the crucifixion, the Disciples, etc.

Pilate has been the standout so far, just a great villain. I hope him washing his hands becomes a not-so-subtle running gag.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Laverne! What was your opinion of the first one?

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Gotcha! There it is. I thought you meant the 2nd one you were enjoying. You know it's funny.... the last Bible-esque thing I saw was seriously... that THE BIBLE movie (or was it a miniseries?) that came out in the 70's maybe? And was on television?

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Are you all caught up CrastersBabies?

Next week, Saul becomes Paul, the Apostle - Can't wait to see how they depict his "experience" on the Road to Damascus. :popcorn: