Blurb question

Dragonwriter

Fluorescent Pudding-Brain
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rlkingwriting.com
Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I'll give it a shot.

I just released the first book in my self-published series in mid-March, and have gotten a few good reviews already. I'm now in the process of getting my second series book ready to publish, and I want to include a little blurb on the front cover. One of the reviews I got for the first book contains the perfect blurb, which wouldn't just refer to the first book, but equally well to all the books in the series (the reviewer said he thought the book was "somewhat reminiscent of the Dresden Files, but with its own distinct style.") That's pretty much gold for my series, since it's urban fantasy with a male mage lead. I think it would great for drawing in readers.

So, my question--would it be okay for me to use that as a blurb on the cover of the second book, even though it refers to the first one? The second one definitely still qualifies. If I do, do I need to put that the quote refers to the first one? That seems like it would clutter up the cover. I was just planning on having:

"Quote." --Reviewer Name

not

"Quote." --Reviewer name, on <first book>

What do you guys think? I notice that Benedict Jacka's Alex Veras series has the same quote on all of them (but then, if I had an actual complimentary quote from Jim Butcher himself, I'd slap it on my whole series too, as well as T-shirts, promo cards, and whatever housepets I could convince to stand still long enough! :D)

Thanks in advance!http://www.absolutewrite.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Take a look at a few trade-published books. They often do something like this.