New Presidential Candidate running as independent.

Pick 1 or more.

• He'll win!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No way!

• Maybe?

• Total voters

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
You guys all wanted a 3rd party run, right?

A Florida pastor notorious for burning the Koran intends to seek the nation’s highest office in 2016.

“I believe most all politicians are politicians,” Terry Jones said Monday during an interview with ABC’s local affiliate in Bradenton, Fla.

“They’re not telling the American people the truth,” he added. “I’m running for president. Vote for me.”

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
That idiot doesn't deserve the little press he gets anymore. He's not only a fool, he's a dangerous fool.

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm assuming this is a publicity grab and not anything to treat as a serious attempt at running - and of course his chances of getting anywhere if he did run are nonexistent. I at least have *that* much faith in the American people.

As such, I will make an extra effort to ignore these shenanigans. He doesn't deserve a megaphone with which to scream his stupidity and hate.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
Um..."I believe most all politicians are politicians."? So some politicians aren't politicians? Ok. :crazy:
I think he's expressing the normal cynicism regarding politics, but allowing for the possibility that some small subset of politicians are angels, interested only in the betterment of mankind instead of their own self-interests, unlike normal people. Maybe he's not really crazy, but he's certainly not well-versed in public choice theory. :D

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That idiot doesn't deserve the little press he gets anymore. He's not only a fool, he's a dangerous fool.

Too right and so as not to give that jackass anymore publicity I shall post a picture of the always awesome Prowl.

300px-Prowlg1.jpg

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I have an instinctive mistrust of anyone who says they're here to tell me the truth.

Blame Harry Turtledove.

The Otter

Friendly Neighborhood Mustelid
Registered
Reaction score
In the room next to the noisy ice machine, for all
I have an instinctive mistrust of anyone who says they're here to tell me the truth.

Even without that he's done a fine job of making himself mistrustworthy, but yes. "Truth" gets misused so much I've kind of become allergic to the word itself. It's become synonymous with ideology.

I don't want The Truth(tm) I want facts. Give me the raw data and let me decide for myself what it means.

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Yeah, it's like people who repeatedly preface a statement with "I'll be honest with you..."

To be frank, that doesn't bother me.

And just playing it straight here, there's nothing wrong with it.

And I swear to God, you might be wrong.

On the other hand if I can be candid, you might have a point.