• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking Beta Readers for Zombie Apocalypse novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.R. Jackson

Registered
Reaction score
The genre is Fiction, sub-genre is horror/apocalyptic.

This is not a YA novel.

There are adult situations and some sexual content of a non-graphic nature.

There is violence and gore but those are not the crux of the scenes. Yes, there is some graphic deaths but those don't rule the novel.

What I'm looking for is a no bullshit assessment of the first book in the series. That would mean a look at the characters, plot and a balance between the two. Continuity is a big issue.

Also, find any glaring plot holes, both minor and major, that are left unresolved. But, keep in mind that this is a series and some plots spread across all the books in the series.

If the beta likes the book, and we're mutually agreed on how they critique it, then I'm open to sending them the other books in the series.

Be warned. This series has a relatively heavy military thematic element to it as it depicts the actions of service personnel as they fight off the undead hordes. But, there are other characters in the series that are civilians.

I'm open to swapping critiques with other authors as long as its not Paranormal Romance, Romance, Urban Fantasy.

Last edited:

NickCarcano

Registered
Reaction score
Are you interested in swapping critiques with another author if you're interested in their genre?

NickCarcano

Registered
Reaction score
I'm working on a series of sci-fi/horror short stories set during WW2. They feature Allied soldiers and civilians encountering Axis occult, anomalous, or Wunderwaffe weapons, and fighting them or utilizing them themselves. The best characters will probably end up in a full-length novel about a shadowier (I don't think that's a word) version of the OSS that specializes in dealing with these weapons.

I've read a decent amount of military sci-fi and fantasy (David Weber, John Ringo, Eric Flint, Myke Cole) as well as World War Z, Zone One, and the Mira Grant books, so I have some knowledge of the tropes and tone of other relate books. Although Zone One is more literary than the others.

If you're interested, send your first chapter to nickcarcano [at] gmail, I'll send you a story, and if we like each other's feedback, we keep it going. If not, no hard feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.