PDA

View Full Version : Any SFF or YA writers want a beta reader?

KidCassandra
04-05-2015, 12:40 AM
EDIT 4/6/15: I GOT SEVERAL RESPONSES ALL AT ONCE, SO I'M "CLOSED" FOR NOW. If you already PMed me, never fear, I'll get back to you! Will re open later. :)

So it looks like I can post here to offer to beta read, even if I don't need a beta myself, right? I don't have a completed manuscript to share myself right now--and honestly, nobody needs to see the draft of my WIP. It's scary! But I love critiquing and editing and would be thrilled to look over your work.

Genre: I prefer SFF above all, but I'm also familiar with all varieties of YA. That said, I'm really willing to read almost any sort of genre fiction, save erotica and more explicit shades of romance.

Critique style: Whatever you want. If you just want someone to eyeball the plot/pacing/big picture stuff, I'm your girl. If you want a line-by-line, I'm on it. I'm no published author and I can't claim any accreditation other than my Lit degree, but hopefully I can be of some use.

Length: Again, whatever you have. I do request that manuscripts be fairly complete and proofread, but that's my only stipulation. Depending on the length of the manuscript and the depth of critique you'd like, I might take a little longer, but I'm willing to read things in excess of 100K words. (I might request a partial sample first for longer works, however--there's no point in sending me 250K of something if I'm not going to be able to devote the interest and time it deserves.)

So, uh, let me know? PM me or post here. I won't be able to beta for more than one person at a time, but we can work something out or set up a queue, if need be.

Elidibus
04-06-2015, 07:12 AM
Sure, I'll take you up on that. I could always use an extra set of eyes for the book I have coming out soon. I'll send you a PM with more information, but I'm writing a YA dystopian/ SF, though its pretty light on both parts. So if it sounds interesting and you don't have anyone else in line, I'd love you to take a look at it.

:-)