PDA

View Full Version : Regular donations to AW

Chase
04-04-2015, 02:06 AM
For years, I'd send an occasional check to help fund Absolute Write. It was hit and miss and required some basic book work, an envelope, and a stamp. Most of all, it required me to remember to get 'er done.

Then, I found PayPal and dropped some USD into AW whenever I had a few extra D in my account. It was easier than mailing a check, and donating low sums was free. Still, I had to remember. Maybe easy for you kids but not always true for old guys http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Others/old-300.gif.

This year, I got fully automated. My bank has a feature called "POP $" (Pay Other People Money). One of my paydays is on the third of every month, so my bank remembers to shoot a fiver to AW, even if I forget. The automatic transfer is free.

Check it out. Maybe your bank has automated POP $ or something like it.

SaraP
04-09-2015, 05:16 PM
Thank you for the support, Chase. Every little bit helps and when everyone pitches in, either with money or time (or both), the entire community gains from it. :)

Chris P
04-09-2015, 05:26 PM
Good reminder to see if my donations are automated. I *think* I'm set up for a yearly donation, but to be honest I don't remember.

ETA: Just checked Paypal, and have corrected a long overdue oversight! Thanks AW!

Chase
06-03-2015, 08:41 PM
POPMONEY automated donations to AW work!

Banks offering POPMONEY's no-fee monthly transfers of a dollar to several dollars to support AW are Ally Bank (owned, I think, by our own AlleyCat), BBVA Bank, Citibank, Fifth Third Bank, First National Bank of PA, PNC Bank, Regions Bank, and US Bank.

Other banks offer similar free and no-fuss automatic electronic payment systems to send regular small amounts. For instance, Chase Bank (which I own) offers "QuickPay."

A dollar a month won't be missed and adds up to lots of help.

Maryn
06-03-2015, 11:09 PM
Man, if I'd known you owned Chase Bank, I'd have sucked up. Drat, an opportunity wasted!

I just noticed the other day that the AW Subscription link at the bottom of every page had a box you can check for "Monthly." Since my little local bank does not pop, except for lollipops, this could prove handy if I ever have any money.

Maryn, who has a little but needs to sell another book