Filthiest/funniest-sounding terms of the writing field

dondomat

Banned
Reaction score
I am starting this with a very filthy one indeed:

"Interrobang", know also as "Interrabang" and represented by the punctuation marks "!?" or "?!"

...Possibly the choice of which side the exclamation mark is on, is based on it being a straight or queer interrobang. Cough.

Last edited:

dondomat

Banned
Reaction score
"Obelus", represented by "÷"

Obelus would be the pagan deity patron of interrobanging. To be found mentioned in the Orphic mysteries and lesser-known later comedies.

In later centuries adopted by the Romans as Obelisk--symbolized by enormous dongs.

Later still decried by the Catholic church, and rooted out everywhere except certain small communities in the Pyrenees. Is mentioned in Dante's Inferno and also in works of Avveroes. Some argue there are allusions in some of Hemingway's short fiction from his Spanish period.

Last edited:

dondomat

Banned
Reaction score
"Backslash", represented by "\"

Came to us by way of the old pirate dirge "Johny come lately the back-stabbing back-slasher", about a legendary first mate with indefatigable enthusiasm for the "poop decks" of captured sailors.

Later on made family-friendly by Disney, and re-introduced through the superhero franchise "Backslash!".

Johny Poop-deck, the singer of hardcore punk crew "The Backslashers" has been arrested twice in Alabama in relation to the activities of the concert attendees under the influence of his rowdy lyrics. Christian Mothers for Cleanliness have pointed out the clearly visible tattoo of pagan deity Obelus on the singer's neck as proof that he and his followers practice Interrobanging.

Last edited:

Pyekett

I need no hot / Words.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
"Deep Third Person", represented by "3"

When your high school reunion/trip to Vegas/special birthday dinner gets a bit more interesting than you'd initially intended.

Last edited:

dondomat

Banned
Reaction score
I heard it's also a variation of "Three's a crowd", when the third fella/gal are annoyingly spiritual.

Pyekett

I need no hot / Words.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I heard it's also a variation of "Three's a crowd", when the third fella/gal are annoyingly spiritual.

To be fair, it's also just an average Sunday morning in some households. To each one's own (or more).

How about flush and hang?

Last edited:

dondomat

Banned
Reaction score
Ah yes, the old Vlush und Hrang, of the early 19th century German romantics. Initially called "Flash and Hung" by the Brits due to the libertine habits of some of the Parisian adherents. There's still an old pub called "The Flash and Hang" overlooking the Thames, with a sign over the table where sir Wilde supposedly sat.

Last edited: