Holiday

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
So it's a big holiday weekend coming up. Just curious what everyone's doing. Will you acknowledge it in the religious sense, will you celebrate it traditionally? Will you be a part of family get-togethers, or will you do your best to ignore it?

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Lurve Me Some Easter!!!

We'll attend a Sonrise Service - Begins @ 6:30 AM on Sunday...:sleepy:

There will be Ham Biscuits, Pastries, Juice and Coffee afterwards.

Then Mr. Hunny and I will take a lil roadtrip to North Carolina, since his "spring break" begins on Monday. :e2headban

Good times! :D

Last edited:

LilyJade

Registered
Reaction score
I will be part of a family get together, but that is about it. No church or anything here, though the rest of the extended family will most likely go. Then brunch at my aunt and uncle's house.

Ladyxkaa

Consigliere to Don Fluffles
Registered
Reaction score
Website
z4.invisionfree.com
we used to get candy and just chilled out with family and friends. when i was little and actually went to church we'd do an egg hunt xD
now? we SOMETIMES have a honeyed ham and chill out.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
We have a lovely candlelit service tomorrow night and then my final prep work begins Saturday morning. I'm in charge of the Easter service at my church. We do an outdoor service with a festival afterwards. It's... big. Huge. The biggest event of the year for me, and the most stressful, but the most joyful, too. :Sun:

After, I'll make a tofurky for my family, endure the endless joking about tofurky on Facebook, and enjoy the fact that Easter is over for another year!

How about you, Maze Runner? What's your plan?

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
For years I had an excuse. Easter was always too close to tax day, and I was *working*!

Since I retired at the end of last tax season, no more excuse. We will be getting take-out from Boston Market and taking it to my MIL's house. She is quite Catholic, and it is a big deal for her. Besides the chicken etc, I'm taking two bottles of wine.

MM

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
We have a lovely candlelit service tomorrow night and then my final prep work begins Saturday morning. I'm in charge of the Easter service at my church. We do an outdoor service with a festival afterwards. It's... big. Huge. The biggest event of the year for me, and the most stressful, but the most joyful, too. :Sun:

After, I'll make a tofurky for my family, endure the endless joking about tofurky on Facebook, and enjoy the fact that Easter is over for another year!

How about you, Maze Runner? What's your plan?

Ah, let's see. Immediate family. Food, don't know what yet, but we have a vegetarian in the house. We tend to cook two dinners around here on a normal day. Ham is no one's favorite. We'll have to figure this out. Music, definitely. Oh, I want to watch that Sinatra special that first airs on Easter Sunday. But it's HBO so I'll have plenty of opportunities. Wines of various colors. Lots of ghosts, but we're pretty good at welcoming them. We'll make something out of something not-much. We're pretty good at that too. The funny thing is, the business I run is 7 days a week, so I could get some calls on Sunday. But it tends to be pretty slow on holidays. Even when we're not feeling it, we get the best of a holiday. If not, they seem to get the best of you.

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
We're getting hot cross buns today from our wonderful 80+ year-old bakery in town :) I'll still be on Lent till Sunday, but I didn't give up sweets.

Then we tend to skip the church service now, after hearing the same service for decades upon decades, lol. But we'll honor the dead and enjoy the beautiful spring awakening by walking through a gorgeous, huge graveyard that has been here since before America was a country. Many of the trees are so old, and so many of the graves and crypts are, too. There are new ones, too, and it's just a gorgeous place with all the Easter flowers left on the graves.

It's where they have a very old sunrise music service as well, but that's at sunrise, ya know. So no ;) My dad used to play trumpet in it as a kid, though!

Last edited:

Write_At_1st_Light

Writer of Nothingnesses
Registered
Reaction score
123 Pencilvania Ave, Writers Block, CA 90210
Website
www.DavidRedstone.com
So it's a big holiday weekend coming up. Just curious what everyone's doing. Will you acknowledge it in the religious sense, will you celebrate it traditionally? Will you be a part of family get-togethers, or will you do your best to ignore it?
That last point, Maze. Like all other holidays - just another day of the week for me. :)

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
We're getting hot cross buns today from our wonderful 80+ year-old bakery in town :) I'll still be on Lent till Sunday, but I didn't give up sweets.

Then we tend to skip the church service now, after hearing the same service for decades upon decades, lol. But we'll honor the dead and enjoy the beautiful spring awakening by walking through a gorgeous, huge graveyard that has been here since before America was a country. Many of the trees are so old, and so many of the graves and crypts are, too. There are new ones, too, and it's just a gorgeous place with all the Easter flowers left on the graves.

It's where they have a very old sunrise music service as well, but that's at sunrise, ya know. So no ;) My dad used to play trumpet in it as a kid, though!

Your post reminds me that a lot of people live much more interesting lives than I do.

That last point, Maze. Like all other holidays - just another day of the week for me. :)

That's what I'd do to, if I could get away with it. All of 'em.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I'll be writing, maybe editing, maybe outlining, hopefully playing keyboards (or organ at the grandparents' place), and generally not paying much attention to the holiday.

I will be visiting family, but that's only because we almost always visit the grandparents on Sundays.

:Guitar:

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Family will be around. Log fire, cooking, music and games. I like Easter very much.