Got My First Edits Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

andiwrite

Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Just wanted to share that I finally got my MS back from my publisher for my first major edit. I was very, very nervous waiting for this. This is the first novel I've ever written, so I had no idea what to expect. I was afraid they would rip the book apart, criticize things my characters did, attack my style of writing, etc. I was bracing myself, preparing to have a thick skin and be willing to change things.

But, I was pleasantly surprised. They actually skipped doing an in-depth edit and went straight to the line edit, because, as they put it, the story was "already well written." The line edit was nothing but a few helpful critiques about sentence structure and style choices that weren't in line with their guide. My story was left just as it was. It gives me a lot of pride as a storyteller that they didn't think it needed work. I am not sensitive about critiques when it comes to the actual writing. It's my characters and their story that I feel protective over.

I put years and years of work into this novel before querying, and it paid off. After this, it will just come down to proofreading, and then we will be ready to move on toward publishing! :D

SWest

In the garden...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
:D
b.gif
a.gif
n.gif
a.gif
n.gif
a.gif
space.gif
d.gif
a.gif
n.gif
c.gif
e.gif

n.gif
o.gif
w.gif
space.gif
space.gif
w.gif
i.gif
t.gif
h.gif
space.gif
space.gif
c.gif
o.gif
n.gif
g.gif
r.gif
a.gif
t.gif
u.gif
l.gif
a.gif
t.gif
i.gif
o.gif
n.gif
s.gif

:banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana:

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Exciting times!:banana:

Good luck with the edits, andiwrite.

Paragraphic

Word eater.
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! This sounds amazing and I'm really excited for you. Good luck with the line edits!

TessB

The Boxing Baroness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tessbowery.com
Wahooo! That's awesome! What a relief for you; now you can settle in for the line edits with so much less stress.

Ellaroni

Registered
Reaction score
Good to hear! Good luck with those edits:D

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yayy! I love the bit when an editor weighs in. It's my favourite part of the publishing thing. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.