Listening to your inner critic

• Thread starter sandrasemail2003
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

sandrasemail2003

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for women who have listened to their inner critic and improved their lives. Seems everyone these days is trying to shut up their critic. When I do that mine just seems to get LOUDER! Anyone out there actually listen up and find the critic had a valid point? Or do you have a technique that allows you to actually work with your critic rather than shut it up entirely?

I'm looking for anecdotal stories. For example, I thought I was putting on weight. Unfortunately, I had gotten pretty good at shutting up my inner critic - hot lava cake works really well. One day it was pretty loud. I decided to take a picture of myself in my bathing suit (brave, I know). Turns out my inner critic was right on the money. (Funny how a few pounds here and there don't seem so bad when they go on gradually.) Well, it was off to the gym and the inches are slowly coming off. The working out shuts it up somewhat...I still have more to go, but the critic is quieter.

I'm not necessarily looking for weight loss stories, either. That story just came to mind from my own life. Could be a story related to your job/career/school, money, marriage, kids, etc.

Thank you for your time and input!

Best,

Sandra

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Oh that is so true. The reason I had to stop going to any 'creativity' events was the constant attempts to murder my inner critic. Are you already over supplied with anecdotes relating to writing? (Inner critic meets external editor--they have a lot in common)

Status
Not open for further replies.