PDA

View Full Version : Garryowen and Rugby

Nuwanda
03-23-2015, 06:19 PM
Just a little help! I've got a chacter who's a hooker for Garryowen. (He's from Limerick) and I was curious about retirement age, when the season begins and ends, where he'd most likely have his flat/live off season and how mvp awards work. Also any hookers/matches I should look at? Ian Roberts is the only rugby player I know but he's not a hooker (or Irish) so there's that.

waylander
03-23-2015, 07:10 PM
Retirement is often driven by injury. If his body holds up he could be playing for the Veterans side well into his 40s or longer. Rteirement from pro-level by about 35

Nuwanda
03-23-2015, 07:14 PM
That's great! Thank you!

mirandashell
03-23-2015, 10:02 PM
It's not MVP here, it's Man of the Match.

mirandashell
03-23-2015, 10:06 PM
Here's their official site. I'm sure if you contacted their PR department they'll be happy to help.

http://garryowenrugby.com/club-information/history/

Nuwanda
03-24-2015, 12:05 AM
Here's their official site. I'm sure if you contacted their PR department they'll be happy to help.

http://garryowenrugby.com/club-information/history/

Great thanks for the link!

Matchu
03-26-2015, 02:41 AM
Although you would not want your hero to be a hooker. Hookers tend to have a raft of personal issues, what with being stumpy, unattractive, dull little psycotrolls, from experience; real salt of the earth devils. Your hero should be a beautiful flanker with flowing blonde hair, or even a swarthy enforcer type from the second row. Everybody knows this.

mirandashell
03-26-2015, 03:11 AM
You were a flanker, weren't you?

Mr Flibble
03-26-2015, 04:08 AM
Although you would not want your hero to be a hooker. Hookers tend to have a raft of personal issues, what with being stumpy, unattractive, dull little psycotrolls, from experience; real salt of the earth devils.

My 14 yo daughter plays hooker. She is none of those things

Want to rephrase that ? *cocks eyebrow*

OP, watch the recent Ireland/Wales match. If for nothing else but that it was fecking good.

Helix
03-26-2015, 04:28 AM
Also in defence of hookers -- Saia Fainga'a. And for we oldies -- Phil Kearns.

bombergirl69
03-26-2015, 04:52 AM
Although you would not want your hero to be a hooker. Hookers tend to have a raft of personal issues, what with being stumpy, unattractive, dull little psycotrolls, from experience; real salt of the earth devils. Your hero should be a beautiful flanker with flowing blonde hair, or even a swarthy enforcer type from the second row. Everybody knows this.

you're saying hibbard and dacey are unattractive and dull? ;)

Must be a British thing:D

for a great book about rugby, Calon is hard to beat.

Cath
03-26-2015, 05:07 AM

*ahem* Careful with the generalizations. You never know who you might be insulting.

Cath ~ whose brother is a forward and whose dad is a coach.