• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

m/m apocalyptic romance (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viridian

local good boy
Registered
Reaction score
Rule number one: don’t trust other survivors. Dane knows that, but when a stranger rescues him from the teeth of a zombie, he lets his guard down. Salem seems charming. Harmless. Kind of hot, actually.

One drugged beer and a quick nap later, Dane wake up handcuffed in the trunk of a car. Salem isn't human--he's a vampire--and he needs a steady food supply to stay sane. Dane gets that--really, he does--but doesn't intend to spend the rest of his life as Salem's pet.

Psychological torture! Antiheroes! Gunfights! Perverted nonsense! I’m seeking additional betas for my 60k romance novel, PISTOL X SHOTGUN.

What I’m looking for: people who can help me improve my craft. Stylistic comments, characterization problems, which parts of the story are boring, which parts are exciting. The story is polished, but I'm open to any comments. A quick warning: the story features explicit sex and violence.

What I can do for you: I’m nothing special, but I’m a thorough critique partner. In the past, I've helped with YA, paranormal, fantasy, contemporary romance, and science fiction.

I think I have all I need. Thanks very much.

Last edited:

Viridian

local good boy
Registered
Reaction score
!!!

YES.

That's funny, though, because I saw a post here from you not long ago looking for a writing buddy and I thought "maybe I should reply... nah, no time." I don't do video-chat, but maybe we could work something out? If you still want a buddy to bounce ideas off of for that fantasy novel, I mean.

slashedkaze

Smutter
Registered
Reaction score
Me! Pick me! Seriously though, I love your premise and wouldn't mind helping another m/m writer out. :D

Viridian

local good boy
Registered
Reaction score
I would love that! I'll send you a PM.

I think that's all I need. Thanks, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.