AW Get-Together: Where?

Where would you go for an AW get-together?

• Chicago

Votes: 28 38.9%
  • Washington, DC

Votes: 26 36.1%
  • New York City

Votes: 37 51.4%
  • West Virginia

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Votes: 14 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
OK, folks, this is a multiple-choice poll, which means you can vote for more than one location. If you are interested in meeting fellow AWers, where could you go to meet us?

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
P.S. I also think there should be a UK version of the get-together, but I'm not familiar enough with cities there to know which ones might work. Someone else want to open a poll for the UKers?

Simran

I got so excited when I saw that NY was 100% and then I realized, I was the only one who voted so far! DUH! :e2smack: :e2smack:

Simran

JennaGlatzer said:
Ha! Judy... check again. Things move fast around here. And you know I'm biased toward NY. ;)

WOW Great news travels fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope we do end up meeting in NY. It's the closest of the choices for me. ;)

jackie106

Registered
Reaction score
I voted for Chicago because I am in Chicago, but I'd be happy to go to NY or West Virginia. I can easily drive to West Virginia and I'm always up for a trip to New York City!

Jackie

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Sorry, Peggy! I'm going by the map of AWers, which is here:

http://www.frappr.com/absolutewriters

You have to play around a little to see it accurately-- set it to show "500" members (which is more than we have registered there), then zoom in and you can see where we're concentrated-- in the eastern US. But there are a fair number of AWers in California, too... I'd be very glad if someone wants to organize an event for the west coast-ers!

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*sigh*

Any takers for an AsiaPac summit?

jst5150

Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
A suggestion:

Why not hold three summits linked by Webcam or video telecom or something. The first is in the US. Have it in a city central to the US members. I'd offer that Chicago or Denver would be a fine place (or, I'd be happy to work the logistics of a Macon, Georgia, summit location, since I'm here and Macon is in desperate need of tourism).

The second summit would in London. London's a good international hopping off spot for any number of folks in the European theater and makes for easy air travel.

Finally, a third summit in Australia at a location central to the Oceania residents.

Again, have all three simultaneously (though the 14-hour time difference might make partying via Webcam a bit tough). Have contacts at each location act as logistics and plans chiefs to set them up (certainly amogst the legion of Jenna faithful, there be three who'd step up to build a meeting). Finally, use technology to link the three -- this forum, Webcam and whatever else might seem feasible.

Sounds like a gradiose idea, but, really, it's just three meetings at the same time in different locations with the same name. It would, as the kids say, be the shizzle. A hoot. Grand. And what a coup for AbWr.

And, yes, I volunteer in whatever capacity I could be used (logistics or countersniper cover)

Hugs.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
poetinahat said:
*sigh*

Any takers for an AsiaPac summit?
*waves like MAD* Meee meee meee!

I actually don't like NYC. Sorry, guys. Been there, didn't like it. Of course, that could have been due to the fact that I was chaperoning a busload of 13 year old girls - one of whom put blue bubblegum in my hair when I made the mistake of falling asleep.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
How sad is it that I voted for the two with the least votes? Oh well. I've always rooted for the underdog.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I could make Chicago because it's only 4 hours or so and I love Chicago! Hey, can we catch a Cubs game while we're there? I can't think of anything better than an AW gathering at Wrigley Field!

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I live within 500 miles of most major cities in the East Coast, so anywhere is fine by me. For a group meeting, I think Chicago or DC would be better. NYC is too big and too crowded and too many "things" to do.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Interesting -- no west-coast venues.

How 'bout Seattle or Vancouver?

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
ok, i voted NYC because i've always wanted to visit, and Chicago just 'cause i have friends nearby. i'm of the thinking that if i'm gonna spend travel money, i should see everything i can while there..kill many birds.
it may be enlightening to see how much interest would be generated if some west-coast cities were added. i understand that membership isn't concentrated here, but we do have some nice places to visit. since many will have to make travel arrangements anyway, why not open up more options?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.