PDA

View Full Version : Say NO to April SNOW!

KTC
04-05-2006, 12:59 AM

Jcomp
04-05-2006, 01:03 AM
meanwhile the high's a balmy 88 & climbing in S.A. Wanna trade places?

Danger Jane
04-05-2006, 01:03 AM
Release a lot of greenhouse gases into the air.

Or you could temporarily change the name of the month to March. March snow is perfectly acceptable, even normal. Although our biggest snowstorm last year was in April...hmm...

Kida Adelyne
04-05-2006, 01:05 AM
I don't think I have to tell you how angry I am right this very minute!!!!!!!!

It's SNOWING. Not only is it snowing, but it's staying on the ground!!!!!!!

HOW DO I STOP THIS ATROCITY!

EXACTLY!! Foul Evil Stuff!!

(and they tell us Canadians to stop global warming because...?)

Jcomp
04-05-2006, 01:06 AM
Yes I want to trade places. Only, I don't know what that 88 thingy means?

88 degrees, & it'll be 91 tomorrow. By the summer we'll be roasting mighty nasty down here.

My-Immortal
04-05-2006, 01:21 AM
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, TURN IT OFF! It's still coming down!

88 degrees means nothing to my Canadian sensibilities. That's what I meant. When you say 88 you could be saying Frickasass...I wouldn't know the difference. But I have a feeling it means Hot?

88F is about 31C

Hot.

If you add a lot of humidity to that it would make you feel sticky and sweaty.

I like 60-70F....15C-21C myself.

Take care

Jcomp
04-05-2006, 01:23 AM
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, TURN IT OFF! It's still coming down!

88 degrees means nothing to my Canadian sensibilities. That's what I meant. When you say 88 you could be saying Frickasass...I wouldn't know the difference. But I have a feeling it means Hot?

ah, my apologies. reference Immortal's post then.

My-Immortal
04-05-2006, 01:25 AM
It was trying to snow the other day around here <sigh> and I'm not even IN Canada!!!

It's warmer today, finally, and sunny, but the weekend is supposed to be cold and rainy...again.

Take care -

JennaGlatzer
04-05-2006, 01:45 AM
It's supposed to snow tonight and tomorrow morning in New York, too. I boycott! Where do I show up with my picket sign, KTC?

CaroGirl
04-05-2006, 01:52 AM
Yes! I'm done. DONE I tell you. However, finally the sun came out and most of the snow has now blissfully vapourized. If we get any more this *spring* I might become suicidal.

maestrowork
04-05-2006, 01:58 AM
From my experience, the chance of snowing (in this part of the continent, anyway) before Easter is 80%.

Unique
04-05-2006, 02:22 AM
I wish I could super-size this::roll:

sorry - the weather was perfect today. I anticipate many more. hheeeheee.
sorry - KTC

rekirts
04-05-2006, 02:42 AM
It was a lovely spring day here on the Canadian prairies.

I guess one advantage of being an OLD Canadian is that you understand both F and C degrees. But I only know how tall I am in feet and inches and how much I weigh in pounds, and I'd rather cook in imperial than metric, but I drive in kilometers. Or is it kilometres. Anyway, it's very confusing.

Azure Skye
04-05-2006, 02:52 AM
Let's complain together. It's cold here today too. No snow though. Oops, I didn't mean to say that out loud.

Let's drink tea!:Coffee:

I want spring dagnabbit!!

veinglory
04-05-2006, 02:55 AM
88F is about 31C

Hot.

If you add a lot of humidity to that it would make you feel sticky and sweaty.

I like 60-70F....15C-21C myself.

Take care

Divide by 2 and minus 15, between that and the bixzarre practise of tipping living in the US has been good for my arithmetic abilities...

badducky
04-05-2006, 03:02 AM
Last time I was in Denver, it snowed in the middle of June.

I didn't even have pants at the time. I thought I was going to die.

veinglory
04-05-2006, 03:09 AM
On the theme of international difference you might like to know that in the UK 'pants' means 'underwear'

tiny
04-05-2006, 03:11 AM
Last time I was in Denver, it snowed in the middle of June.

I didn't even have pants at the time. I thought I was going to die.

I lived in Denver the last time it snowed there in June. We didn't think anything of it. But, living in SoCal since 99, I don't miss snow.

SpookyWriter
04-05-2006, 03:21 AM
On the theme of international difference you might like to know that in the UK 'pants' means 'underwear'..and shag doesn't mean rug!

;)

CaoPaux
04-05-2006, 03:29 AM
Anyone need a torch for the lift to their flat? :tongue

Yeshanu
04-05-2006, 03:35 AM
It was a lovely spring day here on the Canadian prairies.

I guess one advantage of being an OLD Canadian is that you understand both F and C degrees. But I only know how tall I am in feet and inches and how much I weigh in pounds, and I'd rather cook in imperial than metric, but I drive in kilometers. Or is it kilometres. Anyway, it's very confusing.

You can't be very Canadian if you drive in kilometers, rekirts. I drive in hours. As in, it's one hour to Toronto, and three and a half hours to my parents place. Unless I'm visiting you, and then it would probably be three days or so...

And yeah, as you can tell by Ally's post above, we've got white stuff on the ground here too. Bleah!

Zonk
04-05-2006, 03:43 AM
Snow?

What's that?

:tongue :tongue :tongue

rekirts
04-05-2006, 03:45 AM
You can't be very Canadian if you drive in kilometers, rekirts. I drive in hours. As in, it's one hour to Toronto, and three and a half hours to my parents place. Unless I'm visiting you, and then it would probably be three days or so...

And yeah, as you can tell by Ally's post above, we've got white stuff on the ground here too. Bleah!Come to think of it, I guess I drive in hours, too. That can sometimes be a problem when someone asks, say, how far it is to Saskatoon, because for us it's about 3 hours and for other people leaving from the same spot, it's about 3 1/2 hours. Hehe.

There's still white stuff on the ground here, it's just that it's melting instead of falling. Yay!

Yeshanu
04-05-2006, 03:50 AM
Come to think of it, I guess I drive in hours, too. That can sometimes be a problem when someone asks, say, how far it is to Saskatoon, because for us it's about 3 hours and for other people leaving from the same spot, it's about 3 1/2 hours. Hehe.

There's still white stuff on the ground here, it's just that it's melting instead of falling. Yay!

Ha!

Saskatchewan, the land of snow
Where winds are always on the blow
And people sit with frozen toes
And why they stay there, no one knows.

(Did I remember that right?) :tongue

(And you must drive like me... ;) )

rekirts
04-05-2006, 03:59 AM
Hmmm, I've never heard it before, but it's quite appropriate. This is my list of reactions to people who have moved to Saskatchewan from other provinces.

From Ontario: Oh really, why did you move here?
From Manitoba: Congratulations.
From Alberta: What the hell did you move here for?
From B.C.: Are you freakin' nuts???

Azure Skye
04-05-2006, 04:15 AM
Ray...I hate your MATHEMATICS! Per Cent THIS!

Oh SNAP!:ROFL:

writerterri
04-05-2006, 06:07 AM
We're having April snow here now. Normal.

Down with the white powder!

Forbidden Snowflake
04-05-2006, 02:28 PM
You too? Ha! I'm covered in snow, it's annoying as hell!

Aconite
04-05-2006, 05:23 PM
Read "On the Snow in April" in Juniper, Gentian, and Rosemary.

(I lived in the Snow Belt. I'm used to snow until June. April doesn't bother me.)

jenngreenleaf
04-05-2006, 05:47 PM
It snowed here last night -- I don't think I have to say how annoyed I was when I had to scrape off my truck and get the kid's boots back out before school. Ugh. I had all that stuff packed away . . . in the deepest depths of wherever until next year . . . where it belongs. ::sighs::

Unique
04-05-2006, 06:26 PM
Out there where the huskies go...
Don't you eat that yellow snow....

:roll:

jenngreenleaf
04-05-2006, 06:31 PM
Out there where the huskies go...
Don't you eat that yellow snow....

:roll::ROFL:

Azure Skye
04-05-2006, 07:53 PM
We had a dusting of snow last night. Grrrrrr....

maestrowork
04-05-2006, 07:56 PM
It's gonna be a bright, bright, bright, sunshiny day... look around me, there's nothing but blue sky...

rekirts
04-05-2006, 08:00 PM
All of my SAD feelings have disappeared...

maestrowork
04-05-2006, 08:06 PM
I can see no icicles in my way...

badducky
04-05-2006, 08:33 PM
Speaking of yellow snow, last time I visited my aunt in North Dakota and her brood of children, it was January.

So, this snow stays on the ground all winter. All winter. It never gets warm enough to melt the old snow.

So, yellow snow builds and builds and builds all winter. You can see exactly where the animals are marking their territory.

And the #2? Well, it just falls away beneath the snow.

That's the exact opposite of what happens in the summer. Or, what happens here in Texas all year. That really blew my mind.

September skies
04-05-2006, 11:06 PM
<sigh> What I wouldn't give for a bottle of snow.
Out here, we're up to our ankles (some up to their waists) in water. People are tired of rain. Rain, rain, rain, rain - more than ever. Too much flooding too.
I love it but want it to stop, only because of the damage. The roads are a mess. s everywhere. We just had another levee break in Merced. Tons of flooding! Sad.

rhymegirl
04-06-2006, 01:02 AM
Well, Kevin, now that it is officially Spring, we had a few snowflakes blowing around here today. Fortunately, they are gone now! We had 70- degree weather just the other day.

I agree with you, NO MORE SNOW!!

WerenCole
04-06-2006, 01:22 AM
We're having April snow here now. Normal.

Down with the white powder!

Woah woah woah. . . lets not get ahead of our selves here. . . how is a place like Colombia ever supposed to make ends meet in that case?

Puddle Jumper
04-06-2006, 09:07 AM
I'll say no to April snow if I can say yes to July snow.

Carole
04-06-2006, 02:27 PM
Last week it was close to 80 nearly every day. This week it's freakin 30ish in the mornings! I remember the hardest, heaviest snow we've had since living in TN came in April 3 years ago. It was so bad that hubby had to go out into the yard and shake off the lower pine tree brances because they were bent over to the ground with the weight of the snow.

DOWN with snow in April!!

jenngreenleaf
04-06-2006, 03:26 PM
It snowed here *again* last night. Last year we had snow on Easter (hard to do the egg hunt), so it looks like that might be the case again this year. Prove me wrong, Mother Nature!

Carole
04-06-2006, 03:39 PM
It's weird getting ready for work these days. I'm so conflicted, and yes - that is a huge deal. Worlds collide when I am conflicted. Either I wear winter stuff and keep warm, or I wear pretty spring stuff and freeze to death. I think I need a baby-pink parka and all would be well!

scfirenice
04-06-2006, 03:42 PM
Or you could just trick the worlds by wearing your pretty spring stuff and then acting as if it is REALLY hot despite how cold you are. I'm ready for a steady string of 65-70. We haven't had a good spring in MD for a long time. It always goes straight to 85.

jenngreenleaf
04-06-2006, 03:51 PM
It always goes straight to 85. Blah, that kind of transition (or lack of) is icky. Spring here feels like fall, but it the heat doesn't spike like that until you think it's not going to get hot at all . . . then . . . all of a sudden . . . you can't breath.