Just Curious if something like this exists...

Melanii

Talking Fruit
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thestrawberryscribe.wordpress.com
So I have a bad memory from head injury at the age of 12 (27 now). I forget many things from what I just read/wrote to my medical history.

"Oh crap, I forgot to take out the chicken. Sorry!"

"I had an ear effection, with surgery, right...?"

So would a form exist that basically allows me to fill out information about myself; ex. medical history, work history, family stuff like ages and birthdays, what I am (Irish, Dutch, etc.), my hobbies/likes (yes I forget this), skills, and more?

I've tried google, but it didn't help much...

Melanii

Talking Fruit
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I find organized forms work better for me. Walls of texts/paragraphs loose me. If I need to refer to something about myself, I could just go to the category/label.

I could make a form myself, naybe. But I know I'll forget some section! XD

polybisang

Registered
Reaction score
Did you want a paper copy or electronic/online copy?

If it doesn't matter which format it's in, you can google 'personal medical record' or 'personal health record'. For paper copies search 'personal medical records template'.

There are some free online records if you don't want to pay.

I put a few links below for you:

http://healthit.gov/patients-families/maintain-your-medical-record#PHR (gives you links to a few different hubs)
http://www.webmd.com/phr
https://www.healthvault.com/us/en

I was in medical records so if you have any questions, I'd be glad to help!

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
Interesting idea. I have a similar issue with forgetfulness; I usually can't remember my age, I can't tell you much at all about movies I've watched or music I've listened to, I can't remember what book I read last (and when I do remember books, I usually can't tell you the characters' names,) I was never able to memorize my times tables... I rely heavily on google to remind me about stuff (I type in what I do remember and google does its magic), ect. I have even literally forgotten how to walk - during high school in a crowded cafeteria - and ended up standing there awkwardly for a really long time trying to figure it out.

On the other hand, sometimes some things stick with me. Sometimes I can relate a whole conversation years later - but if I was put on the spot and asked about that same conversation, rather than it just floating to the surface of my memory on its own, I'd probably not even remember it happened.

I've wondered, at times, what was wrong with me. I did take some very severe blows to the head as a child, including one that was very nearly fatal. Maybe that's why I have these memory issues? It really would be nice to know.

I would think it'd be a hassle to carry around papers, and you'd probably forget them places, so I'd suggest putting the necessary information on separate notes on your cellphone's notepad. Have one called "Medical" and one called "Personal," ect, and update them as you remember details. I know I have to check my cellphone a lot and while I might forget everything else, that's the one thing I almost always have with me. Also, it's a bit more secure than a lot of other options, which is good.

JimmyB27

Hoopy frood
Registered
Reaction score
In the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable e
Website
destinydeceived.wordpress.com

Melanii

Talking Fruit
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Hmm....

I think I have an idea from all your suggestions. It goes with labeling sections on something on my phone, since I always carry that with me. I don't want to use the innate "notepad" since it'll get lost or buried, but I do have an idea!

juniper

Always curious.
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
so I'd suggest putting the necessary information on separate notes on your cellphone's notepad.

I keep so much info on my phone. Some of it in the Notepad, some of it in Evernote app. Either way, I'm on Mac all around so what I have on my phone is also on my iPad and my laptop, from iCloud. Or I can access if from some other computer completely, like at work, by logging into iCloud online.

Probably something similar with Android stuff. The ability for info to transfer magically from this device to another is brilliantly helpful.

And I also have my phone all the time, so it's easy to make a quick note and then clean it up and add to it later.

I also have photos on my phone of my auto insurance, health insurance card, and some other important documents ...