• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for a beta for a YA chapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafeater

Sixth Man
Registered
Reaction score
My latest project is a little weird, format-wise, and I want to make sure it's engaging, so I'm looking for a beta reader for the first 5000 words. The story is about a Catholic girl in Rome who's haunted by ghosts of a violent crime she witnessed.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I need to make a master document I can copy, I've said this so very many times.

A beta reader is the last person who sees a completed,edited, proofread, polished work which is ready for submission or self-publication. What you want--and it's a perfectly valid want, of course--is a critique.

With luck, using the right terms to ask for what you actually want will help you get it. Be aware, though, that new arrivals who have yet to make themselves a part of the community often don't get critique or beta reads when they ask. Both are a fair commitment of time and expertise, not a gift bestowed on strangers.

I urge you to participate, including critique of other people's writing, and in no time you'll have the 50 posts required to post a part of your work at the appropriate Share Your Work board, all the while making yourself somebody we've seen around, like well enough, and who we might do a big favor for if time permits.

Maryn, pleased to meet you

Status
Not open for further replies.