• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta swap for YA light SF/dystopian

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiLady

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking to betaswap my YA manuscript. It is SF, but doesn't have much SF in it and is probably more dystopian. It is a sequel, and as I've just found out in SYW, I will probably need to have areas pointed out that don't make sense as I have continued where the first book left off and may not have described things fully (assuming people will already know because they read book 1). I'll take whatever critique someone is willing to give me, but am not too worried if you don't want to point out grammar/punctuation etc.

I am willing to swap. YA is my preferred genre and I will read pretty much anything in this area - just let me know what you have and we'll go from there.

My manuscript is 73,000 words. Below is a brief synopsis. PM me if you're interested.

After her escape from Elder Grey Prison, fifteen-year-old Alexandra Spencer is on the run. Before she and her friends can take themselves away from the reach of Alex’s ex-fiance, Major Marcus Rutherford, they must rescue their family members from Area D, the City prison where they keep Drifters and extract their blood for Elixir.

Alex comes up with the perfect plan – she’ll go back to the City, pretend she still loves Marcus and spend her time looking for the rumoured tunnels that will gain them entrance to the prison. The plan is perfect, until her friend, Rich, is captured and taken to Area D—all because of her. Now, Alex will do whatever it takes to free Rich from Marcus’ cruel grip.

But when, after a chance encounter with an old and powerful Drifter, Alex sees the two possible outcomes for her immediate future, she must make a decision—escape and die, or stay with her vindictive ex-fiance and live.

Status
Not open for further replies.