• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Swap First 50pgs of My YA novel for your...?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ms.rachel

Registered
Reaction score
I have a Sci Fi YA novel, 70,000 words total, but I am looking for a Beta who wants to swap the first 50pgs and then see where it goes from there.

My novel is first person pov. There is some swearing and some sexual references. Here is a snippet from my Query:

It should have been just another harmless stunt. Help a buddy scale the heavily guarded walls of the compound. And peak at the other-side. Be sure he doesn't fall over the edge, or get shot at. Then drink like a rock-star. But when seventeen-year-old Kurt Delaney's buddy, Brett, peeks and doesn't see treacherous waters, a lie is revealed. The world outside has not ended in flood, like they've been told by the Guard.

Then Brett goes missing, surely no coincidence. And Kurt might be next. If he wants any shot at living, he'll need the whole truth. It comes when he manages to get out of the compound with his friends, alive. And the truth is that the outside world is very much alive and kicking... his ass. We're talking six-foot-tall-lizards-with-opposable-thumbs-and-the-ability-to-shoot-you-in-the-face and angry-GMO'd-ex-comrade ass kickery. And that’s just the first twenty-four hours.

I don't really need line by line, though if you see a stupid mistake I would like you to inline a comment and point it out. I am looking more for summary comments on the pacing, world building, character development etc.

I prefer someone who has been on here for a while. As for me, I have beta'd before for a novel that found success (yay Rachele Alpine...Canary). I am also an English teacher of nine years. I have been published in an academic journal.

If you are interested in a swap PM me and I will send you the rest of my query.

Cheers,
Rachel

MaxWriter

Bring it on, I can take it...
Registered
Reaction score
I am interested. PM on its way.

Status
Not open for further replies.