Help resizing my avatar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Celia (I'm assuming it's a custom avatar), go to your pictures folder and bring up the picture you want to use. Click "Edit Picture" and then click "Resize". I think the avatars have to be no bigger than 80 x 80 pixels, so size down to that. Click save, and there you have it.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Celia, I have the darnedest time with that sort of thing myself and usually have to get someone with photoshop and some computer sense to straighten me out.

If Pat's suggestion doesn't work for you (thanks Pat - are you trying to make me look bad? ;) ) post back or PM me and I'll see what I can find for you.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
pb is right. Also, while you're there, you can crop the picture to an almost square shape if it's needed, and then resize it to 80x80.

ac

jst5150

Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
If you need a PhotoShop fix, PM me.

Akuma

Rare Writer Pokemon
Registered
Reaction score
Darned internet. Doesn't seem to be working for me. The 80 by 80 pixels it takes are just the right corner of the picture--hardly what I call resizing.

Corrections, please?

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I've had that problem when working in Windows Imaging. It's useless. You need photoshop or something like that. I'll ask someone on the tech help board to guide us.

jst5150

Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
Your image is probably a higher DPI rate than what's needed to display on the Web. Web DPI is 72. If your 80 x 80 is just the right hand corner, your image may be 200 or 300 DPI.

If you send it along to me at webmaster @ jasontudor.com with some instructions, I can make it work.

Akuma said:
Darned internet. Doesn't seem to be working for me. The 80 by 80 pixels it takes are just the right corner of the picture--hardly what I call resizing.

Corrections, please?

Fahim

Mad coder, lazy writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.farook.org
Akuma said:

Corrections, please?

Akuma, what program were you using to resize the image? If it was MS Paint, Resize Image will only give you the top 80 x 80 bit. I believe the correct option to use is Image - Stretch/Skew but that has to go by percentages rather than pixels and so you have to work things out as to what the new percentage should be of the old image to get an 80 x 80 image ....

Akuma

Rare Writer Pokemon
Registered
Reaction score
I do have Adobe Photoshop but I'll go ahead and try the Stretch/Skew thing again.

Fahim

Mad coder, lazy writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.farook.org
Akuma said:
I do have Adobe Photoshop but I'll go ahead and try the Stretch/Skew thing again.

If you have PhotoShop, then Image - Image Size should work. Honestly, I'd actually do resizing in PhotoShop if I have it than MS Paint but hopefully, one of the two works for you. If not, just let us know and I'm sure somebody can figure out what's going on :)

Akuma

Rare Writer Pokemon
Registered
Reaction score
All right, that worked. Sorry to bother you all. Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.