What is wrong with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arztwolf

Jagermonster
Registered
Reaction score
For the past two weeks I've had some sort of medical issue that neither me nor Drs can figure out.
Here's my symptoms:
*Started with fatigue and feeling like I couldn't get enough air when I took my dogs for their daily walk on 2/1.
*The next day, a monday, I was taken to the ER by ambulence due to the above with moderate chest pain in my left shoulder. They did a D Dimer, CBC, EKG,Urinalysis and chest xray. All came back normal. Told to see PCP for a Thyroid panel.
*Thyroid panel comes back normal and the next day I feel worse. I have a low fever (99.6 F) and have a intermittent dry cough. The pain starts to move from my left shoulder, around my chest and to my back. At times it hurts to breath.
Dr does a Flu test, comes back "Indeterminate" and gives me Tamiflu. Tamiflu does nothing.
*I get the chills so bad I end up in two sweatshirts and sit next to a space heater (its in the 60s outside).
*I have pain in my neck that appears to be originating from my lymph nodes and the following day one is hard and slightly enlarged. It hurts to swollow and it feels like something is swollen. The next day those symptoms are gone.
*At 10:00pm last night the pain stayed in the center of my back and I could feel my pulse. I went to the ER just to make sure I wasn't having either an Aortic Dissection or Anyuerism (two things I'm at risk for). CT ruled that out, but my BP was elevated, at one point it was 160/100 and my normal BP is 115/75.

I still have chest pain, fatigue, pain that moves around my chest/back (does not go to my abdomen or neck/head). I still have the cough, the fever/clamminess comes and goes, the same with the chills.
So what the hell is this?

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Um, we're really not the people you need to be asking. I hope you feel better soon, though!

TheCuriousOne

Registered
Reaction score
I really am no doctor, but could it be that you have a viral infection but not from the flu virus? One that Tamiflu doesn't work on (assuming that antivirals are like antibiotics and some will work on one virus but not work on another)?

Hope you feel better soon x

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Online forums are not the place for medical diagnosis

Status
Not open for further replies.