Odes in the Commode

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
ok Poet, thanks, here i thought i was gonna get to read something you wrote, well...while on the commode... (yet i clicked the thread anyway, what does that say?)
so, to the link, well there's something to be proud of. hey Mom,my poetry was featured in the bathroom stall down at the Dew Drop Inn. if a drunk can understand it, i could have written it. although i confess, i do most of my brainstorming while in the shower...not pretty maybe, but it's better than my singing.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Gee, P.H., I can't leave you disappointed! To reward your kind enquiry and salve your disappointment, here is a suitable poem (not written by me) published in my college humor magazine some decades ago. It's a French translation of a classic:

ici je m'assieds
avec coeur brisé
j'ai payé un franc
et n'ai que pété

I think the project mentioned above has nobler aspirations than this mixed-breed doggerel.

kdnxdr

One of the most important people in the world
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
steadydrip.blogspot.com
I'm not by any means a great scholar of literature, however, I've heard it said many times how many great artists and writers have been inspired whilst they were inexplicably embedded in libatious/wanton behavior keeping company with the rif-raf.

Maybe, I just thought that's what they said.

I wouldn't say their present company propelled them out of their miserly conditions, but it was the patrons that really found and made them (the artists/writers) than them making their own selves out to be prominent.

I don't mind being discovered in a stall as long as I wouldn't be a suitable alternative for the lack of the normal supply of necessary paper.

Last edited:

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Love the way you phrase that, kd. Makes it sound so noble!

Okay, here's the English translation of the pome above, just for completeness:

Here I sit,
broken-hearted
paid a [franc]
and only farted