• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for Sci-Fi/Fantasy Writing Partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManInBlack

Registered
Reaction score
Website
williamsilvia.net
In the past, I know that I always felt most inspired to write when I was exchanging pages with someone else. While my life has changed and it is now very unlikely that we will be sending one another work on Skype while the other is still writing, I think this will still be motivating. It helps that "I'm writing this for _________" motivates in different ways than "I need to make word count".

What exactly AM I looking for? Basically, I send you 1000-2000 words on Tuesday. You respond with Pros, Cons, and how you feel as a reader as well as suggestions as a writer. Line-by-line critique not necessary but it would not go unappreciated either. Your response also includes your own 1000-2000 words. If I've received it by Sunday, I respond with my own comments and new work, repeat every Tuesday and Sunday. It is very likely that I may send work throughout the week for differing pieces as I find myself able to work on multiple projects much more easily than a single project. Still, I figure that this set-up is likely to benefit someone.

ManInBlack

Registered
Reaction score
Website
williamsilvia.net
I should mention that if you prefer to share only non-fiction (reviews, analyses, continuity discussions about Sci-Fi/Fantasy materials) or only fiction, please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.