Dudes Who Lost Their Shirts (At the bookstore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
Especially liked the "books you'll read a million times because your kid never gets tired of them. How about trying something new for once, Caitlin?" section.

Last edited:

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out what the "Things That Scare Me" section actually is. A couple books look like fantasy, but then you also have non-fiction, about completely unrelated subjects at that.

And what bookstore has take-out and delivery menus in their cooking section? I've never seen that before.

Captcha

Banned
Reaction score
Okay, I too would like to wrestle tigers and bears, but an owl? Who wants to wrestle an owl?!?

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
I'm trying to figure out what the "Things That Scare Me" section actually is. A couple books look like fantasy, but then you also have non-fiction, about completely unrelated subjects at that.

Unrelated except that they scare people

I want to wrestle a penguin

Captcha

Banned
Reaction score
I think it would be TERRIBLE to wrestle a penguin. Because they'd be small enough that you'd have to be worried about not hurting them, but they'd have those sharp beaks that they could be stabbing at your eyes the whole time, so you'd have to either go all-in and risk hurting them, or you'd have to risk getting your eyes poked out.

Plus, you'd probably end up all oily and smelling like fish.

Possibly I'm over-thinking the animal-wrestling...

Hapax Legomenon

Registered
Reaction score

I'm taking a wild guess and saying it's maybe a new releases section in a small bookstore, so a couple disparate genres end up on the same shelf.

KokkieH

Making this up as I go along
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kokkieh.blog
I totally get the "Anxiety Inducing Books". Just yesterday I checked how much money I still owe for this year for my Master's degree. I'm anxious, all right :scared:

AphraB

A faithful friend & a good library
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I too would like to wrestle tigers and bears, but an owl? Who wants to wrestle an owl?!?

My dad was attacked by one when he was a kid. Best to be prepared.

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score

I see a Gini Koch book there. I think she is (or was?) and AWer.

I really like the 'things that scare me' section. bout as subjective as it gets...

Status
Not open for further replies.